× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WAX620

pgw85706
Tutor

WAX620

Hello.  I need to strengthen my wireless coverage in our 3 story home.  Please confirm to install 1 WAX620 on each floor (3 total) connected to a GS308EP PoE+ (123W) switch are compatible.  Thank you.  Patrick

Message 1 of 6

@pgw85706 wrote:
Hello.  I need to strengthen my wireless coverage in our 3 story home.  Please confirm to install 1 WAX620 on each floor (3 total) connected to a GS308EP PoE+ (123W) switch are compatible.

Connect to what router?

You want to wire these repeaters as Access Points to a GS308EP switch?

Why did you pick network managed devices from Netgear's business range? From messages that appear here, they don't always sit nicely in domestic environments.

A more common choice would be a Mesh system that can create a seamless WiFi network.

Message 2 of 6
pgw85706
Tutor

The switch will connect to a Linksys EA8500 router (for now).

You want to wire these repeaters as Access Points to a GS308EP switch?  That is my thinking unless there is a problem with this config.

Why did you pick network managed devices from Netgear's business range?  I am seeking a rugged, industrial grade configuration.  I like the coverage and range of the WAX devices.  All APs will be installed with hardwire ethernet cable back to the switch.  I am working to hardwire all my "fixed" devices....TVs, printers, LAN storage, pool control, etc to reduce the wifi load.

I have studied the mesh network offerings promoted for home applications.  They seem priced high to me and the WAX devices seems like a stronger, more cost effective solution.

Message 3 of 6
BasuKhodanapur
Apprentice

Hi Patrick

Thanks for writing to us.

Could you please share below details, we can help you in no of AP's required to cover 3 story home. 

1. floor map with measurement

2. No of clients you are planning to connect to each WAX620 AP. 

3. Any other particular requirement. 

Best Regards,

Basu

Message 4 of 6
abacqdghfth
Guide

Netgear has a no obligation and free wifi planning services.  the team of experts will use industry standard wi-fi survey and planner software to estimate the number and placement of APs and send you an report.

please check out 

https://www.netgear.com/av/services/prowifi-designsupport/

and send an e-mail today.  someone will contact you in soon.

Message 5 of 6
pgw85706
Tutor

Thank you.  I will make a submittal and see what happens.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements