× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAX630 Firmware issue 10.2.0.16

churchtech3089
Aspirant

WAX630 Firmware issue 10.2.0.16

My network just updated it's firmware from 9.x to the new 10.2.0.16 and I have been having many issues with devices no longer connecting/staying connected or being able to access the internet through the WIFI. Nothing else in the system has changed other than the firmware . Range has been decreased, speed tests also sometimes don't work now as well. 

I did not enable any of the new features and confirmed the Power Saver is off through Insight.

I seemed to have some partial success by turning off, and back on the individual SSIDs. This is happening to multiple VLAN s and SSIDs coming through these WAPs.

Is there a way to roll back the FIrmware using the Cloud Portal or do I need to reflash each individual unit to  the older firmware.  Was working fine prior to the firmware update...

Will rolling back disable my Insight Cloud Portal?

Message 1 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WAX630 Firmware issue 10.2.0.16

@churchtech3089,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

I don't think there is an option to roll back the firmware via Insight Cloud Portal or Insight App.  

What specific wireless devices are having issues staying connected or no longer connecting or being able to access the internet through the WIFI?  Are these iOS devices, Android devices, MAC PC, Windows PC, etc?  Please indicate their OS versions.

Is the wireless security set to WPA3 Enterprise?

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
churchtech3089
Aspirant

Hi,

Unfortunately it seems to be affecting most things, device wise. Newer, older, Apple, Android, and Windows based. We are running on WPA2 as the WPA2/WPA3 freaked out connecting devices and many just outright didn't work with WPA3.  Ah older mobile and computing devices. Thing is, everything was working great until the latest firmware update happened and  I started getting calls for help the next morning. (Scheduler did the update overnight...).

Message 3 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@churchtech3089,

Thank you for your response.  Since rolling back the firmware via NETGEAR Insight is not an option, I suggest you to open a support ticket with the NETGEAR Support Team here at anytime to further investigate your concern. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
churchtech3089
Aspirant

I would contact service and have tried, but unfortunately the 3 month "Complimentary"  support has expired. These are not even a year old and I am very frustrated with them. I will not be purchasing additional service plans to fix something the firmware broke.  The cost of the plans for all the APs would be nearly the same as going with another company's WAP with lifetime support.  Was very happy with the product and performance initially, but this process has quite soured me to Netgear.

I will continue grinding on this issue and will let the community know if and when I have a working solution.

Message 5 of 6
churchtech3089
Aspirant

So, I believe I have resolved my issue, partially.

I am not sure how the firmware update was related, but it seemed to be the trigger. According to the Insight Cloud Portal (ICP), I had rate limiting enabled at reasonable rates for public vs staff networks.  While downgrading the firmware through the local access UI, I noticed the rate set by ICP was only 64 Kbps up and down. It stayed at this setting (by checking through the local UI while device management was via ICP) regardless of the ICP setting, even if I disabled rate limiting on the SSIDs and restarted the APs to force configuration updates.

My fix has been to disable ICP and now only have local network access for troubleshooting and greatly reduced network wide (summed) statistics and user information. I left one WAP at the new firmware (10.2.0.16) and the others are running the older version (9.6.3.2). Network is now running great again for users on the SSIDs.

Prior to stumbling on this realization, I had tried creating a new location and reprogrammed all the VLAN and system settings, moved the devices over to the "New" location thinking something in the programming had corrupted in the firmware update. And it did not impact the issue at all.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements