× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WAX630 - Installed but set up 2 wifi networks in errot

aguden_guden_co
Luminary

WAX630 - Installed but set up 2 wifi networks in errot

I added 2 WAX6302 and when I did I created 2 separate WiFi networks in error.  I wanted them to both be in the same wifu network.  How can I change that?  New to this concept of WiFi networks and I am sure my next question will be about mesh networks!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Alternate to Insight (not available in all countries, small cost, ...) it's possible to manage the WAX individually. On Management > Configuration > Wireless > Basic you can select the SSID you intend to change, then change the name, security PSK, ... to the same value like the other access point.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

If you start at page 44 of the manual it goes over setting up an Insight managed mesh network. 

They should come with 1 year of insight included. 

WAX630 | Insight Managed Access Point | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Alternate to Insight (not available in all countries, small cost, ...) it's possible to manage the WAX individually. On Management > Configuration > Wireless > Basic you can select the SSID you intend to change, then change the name, security PSK, ... to the same value like the other access point.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements