× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAX630 constantly dissasociating a host

jeconti
Tutor

WAX630 constantly dissasociating a host

Hi all,

I have a WAX630, original not WAX630E. It is constantly dissociating a single host over and over. In a nonstop 30 second cycle of authentication and connecting then dissociating. 

Now this device has worked flawlessly for years, but ever since upgrade from 10.7.X major release this has been happening. I do not want to downgrade due to security concerns, so I would rather troubleshoot this host. 

The logs are here.

https://pastebin.com/EzgKK06Q

This is a smart wifi power strip, with routines to turn lights on and off at certain hours. It is on it's own SSID of Monoprice (Created just for this purpose) broadcasting exclusively 2.4ghz for this device. This configuration works flawlessly in older releases and if I downgrade, but once I upgrade to a 10.7 release it all breaks. 

Any ideas? What can I do to fix this?

Message 1 of 5
prasingh
Aspirant

Re: WAX630 constantly dissasociating a host

Message 2 of 5
Pramendra
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @jeconti ,

We will get the logs checked on our side. In the meantime can we please try once changing the 2.4 GHz config (password) and forget the SSID on the device and try re-connecting back if that helps?

Thanks!

Pramendra

NETGEAR Wireless Team

Message 3 of 5
jeconti
Tutor

No difference on my end. Have you any other ideas or suggestions?

Message 4 of 5
Pramendra
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @jeconti 

l will reach out to you in a DM to get more details regarding this.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements