× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WAX630 often goes offline - how to diagnose and fix

kortina
Aspirant

WAX630 often goes offline - how to diagnose and fix

I have 2 WAX630 Access Points setup (connected to internet via an Optimum Online 1 Gig connection).

I frequently have a problem where both devices go "Location Offline" with this message:

- There may be a temporary network or power outage. Make sure that all of your devices are powered on and connected to the Internet through your ISP. If they are already powered on and can reach the Internet, restart the devices. If they still cannot connect to the Insight Cloud service, visit the support website at netgear.com/support.

They are hard wired to my internet source, and I'm wondering if there is any way to get more detail on the cause of the error or inspect logs.

The message makes it sound like maybe it is an issue with the ISP, but typically when this happens, I check and there are no reported outages in my zip code, so I want to try to debug if there might be some issue with the access points.

Any insights on how to further diagnose this problem or get more detailed logs?

Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@kortina,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Kindly try setting an alternative NTP server in the local device GUI as a workaround.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
kortina
Aspirant

i'll give this a shot. thanks

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies