× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAX630 stuck on "mode a"

alxkkbrg
Aspirant

WAX630 stuck on "mode a"

Hi everyone

I have a problem with a WAX630 AP running a low 5Ghz broadcast:

No matter what channel (36-64)I select, no matter what wireless mode (a to ax) I select or even channel width (20/40/80 Mhz) it is stuck in 20Mhz running wireless mode "a".

Even when I turn the radio (5Ghz) completely off, it keeps broadcasting on 20Mhz on mode "a".

Pls. see screenshot showing the network broadcast captured with Wifi-Explorer.

Does anyone have an Idea what is going on?

Cheers,

Alex

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
alxkkbrg
Aspirant

Re: WAX630 stuck on "mode a"

I did a factory reset which solved the issue. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Firmware version?

Any strange config in place from whatever experimenting?

Same following a factory reset?

@RaghuHR either we face some oddity or the AP does conserve some power - according to another post he is powering the WAX630 from a GC510P. This won't explain why the Low 5 GHz is still on air with thw Low 5 GHz radio disabled.

Message 2 of 8
alxkkbrg
Aspirant

Hi everyone

Thanks for your replyes. It is a fresh setup of both APs after a factory reset this morning. So far it worked well. I managed to set up the two APs I've got thanks to your help, Kurt.

According to the APs dashboard firmware V9.5.3.4 is installed. I've just checked, there is no later firmware available.

I was trying to set up Vlans this morning but failed to connect them to the internet, so I reset everything to the beginning. The only thing I did not reverted to the initial state was the set up of 3 different SSIDs for different types of devices.

Other than that I connected the two APs via WDS, and thats it. Other than that there is nothing special set up yet. I wanted to have a solid running network before starting to "experiment" and customize it further to my needs.

Would you suggest to factory reset the AP again? I got quiet good at that over the past couple of days 🙂 Or do you have any other idea what I could do?

Best wishes,

Alex 

Message 3 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@alxkkbrg wrote:

I was trying to set up Vlans this morning but failed to connect them to the internet, so I reset everything to the beginning. The only thing I did not reverted to the initial state was the set up of 3 different SSIDs for different types of devices.

This is beyond of what the WAX630 or the GC510P can do - each VLAN does make up a dedicated, isolated network - and some router must exist for the routing and the Internet connection.

@alxkkbrg wrote:

Other than that I connected the two APs via WDS, and thats it. Other than that there is nothing special set up yet. I wanted to have a solid running network before starting to "experiment" and customize it further to my needs.

WDS - what for please? Aren't both APs on the same wired network, powered from that very same GC510P?

I've put up some pointers to Tw and California Netgear reps to this thread already.

Regards,
Grüsse aus der Schweiz,

-Kurt.

PS. Afraid, I have no WAX630 at hand for testing here.

Message 4 of 8
alxkkbrg
Aspirant

Hi Kurt--

WDS - what for please? Aren't both APs on the same wired network, powered from that very same GC510P?

Just one AP is wired to the GC510P (which is connedted to a BR200 router, which is connedted to the internet) the other AP should extend the WiFI and bridge the network with a dedicated backhaul and be also connected to a switch (GC110p) to hardwire more devices.

I've put up some pointers to Tw and California Netgear reps to this thread already.

You are the best. Many thanks!!!

Regards,
Grüsse aus der Schweiz,

-Kurt.

PS. Afraid, I have no WAX630 at hand for testing here.

Best wishes--

Grüsse aus Düsseldorf

Alex

Message 5 of 8
alxkkbrg
Aspirant

I did a factory reset which solved the issue. Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 8
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @alxkkbrg 

Are you still seeing the issue? If yes please share the detailed logs from the monitoring page.

Thanks,

Raghu.

Message 7 of 8
alxkkbrg
Aspirant

Hi Raghu

A factory reset solved the issue. All is finde now.
Thanks for asking.

Alex
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements