× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WAX630E AXE7800 POE Unacceptably SLOW

jtm0n3y
Tutor

WAX630E AXE7800 POE Unacceptably SLOW

I have a very basic setup - 1gig coax/cable ISP service running to a FortiGate firewall, from the firewall I have an uplink with two VLANs tagged to an MS108EUP switch, from that switch I have POE++ 2.5mgig connection going to a WAX630E AP. Two SSIDs are being broadcasted using all three bands.

During initial setup of the AP whenever it broadcasts the temporary SSID, I can connect to that and run a speed test and get roughly 500Mbps down. After creating my two SSIDs and connecting to either of them, all of my wifi devices are only seeing about 40Mbps down (my upload is capped at 20 and there is no issue reaching this speed). I have tried disabling 2.4GHz band entirely and no matter what, all laptops on my network get around 40/down - the same laptops that could get around 500/down during initial setup.

As soon as I plug into the switch directly and run the same speed test my results are around 900Mbps/down so I *KNOW* the bottleneck is not my fortigate firewall or the MS108EUP switch.

One laptop on my network is an Asus A15 gaming rig with an upgraded AX210NGW wireless card utilizing windows 11 and Wifi6E 6GHz with wpa3. Even when connected from this laptop I'm still only receiving roughly 50Mbps/down on a wireless speed test. Here are my historical speedtest.net results, the first result is during initial setup and the subsequent results are the unacceptable speeds I'm currently getting. Firmware version on the AP is 10.1.9.2. I would be greatly appreciative of any guidance that can be given here as I do not want to have to return the AP and start over with another offering.

speedtest results.png

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
jtm0n3y
Tutor

Putting the AP on a separate management VLAN that wasn't a part of any of the SSIDs VLANs resolved this slowness issue. No idea why it resolved it or why it caused the issue to begin with. But speeds are back to "acceptable" now.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
jtm0n3y
Tutor

Putting the AP on a separate management VLAN that wasn't a part of any of the SSIDs VLANs resolved this slowness issue. No idea why it resolved it or why it caused the issue to begin with. But speeds are back to "acceptable" now.

Message 2 of 4
douglas_cheung
NETGEAR Expert

Hi jtm0n3y,

Are you still experience slow speed?

Would you mind if one of our engineers tab into your system and take a look?  There is a secure tech support port that you can open for us.  We will show you how when we connect.

Thank you,

Doug

Message 3 of 4
douglas_cheung
NETGEAR Expert

I am glad you resolved the issue... but I am still not perfectly satisfied, without knowing the root cause.

Doug

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements