× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAX630E not outputting Wifi 6E

OneGigMan
Aspirant

WAX630E not outputting Wifi 6E

I have an Xfinity XB8 Tri-Band modem that outputs WiFi 6e. I added a WAX60E access point, but it's not outputting Wifi 6e E....just wifi 6. Attached are my settings for that SSID. Can anyone help me out here?
Message 1 of 10
OneGigMan
Aspirant

Re: WAX630E not outputting Wifi 6E

Here is the other screenshot of the rest of the settings.
Message 2 of 10

@OneGigMan wrote:
I have an Xfinity XB8 Tri-Band modem that outputs WiFi 6e. I added a WAX60E access point, but it's not outputting Wifi 6e E....just wifi 6. Attached are my settings for that SSID. Can anyone help me out here?

Probably one to ask on the appropriate section for the WAX630E:

Business Wireless - NETGEAR Communities

Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

How do you know its not putting out 6ghz?

Message 4 of 10
OneGigMan
Aspirant

The WiFi indicator on my phone only shows "6" not "6E" like it was before I added the access point
Message 5 of 10
plemans
Guru

1. what phone do you have?

2. Is it connected to the access point? 
3. Do other devices not see the 6gh?

4. If you disable the 2.4ghz/5ghz signal, does the phone still see the network?

5. Are you using bandsteering? Single ssid function?

Message 6 of 10
schumaku
Guru

The other 6E AP is no longer on air and reachable?

Based on the (visible, there could be more SSIDs configured you don't show) Insight config, only 6 GHz so 6E should be active. On the SSID shown, there isn't any other WiFi 6 on 2.4 GHz or 6 GHz active, leading to this 6 indication.

Have configured the same SSID on the WAX630E for the 6 GHz as on the other AP? For a test, I would suggest to put up a different SSID on air. .

Message 7 of 10
OneGigMan
Aspirant

1) Samsung Gakaxy S22 Ultra (6E compatible)
2) It is connected to the AP on 5ghz
3) I have no other devices 6ghz compatible
4) I've added a 6Ghz SSID on the AP, disabled 2.4 and 5ghz on the AP, my phone does not see it at all. Instead it connects to my routers 6E signal now.
5)Band steering is off and not sure what single SSID function is.
Message 8 of 10
schumaku
Guru

@RaghuHR this reads wrong to me - the Insight config shows 6 GHz only. your customer says it's connecting to 5 GHz...

Message 9 of 10
OneGigMan
Aspirant

Also, when I made the new SSID with only 6ghz enabled, not only do I not see it, my phone suddenly saw my 6E that my router is outputting and connected to that (not the access point). Besides this new SSID I just created, my other SSID's on KY access point have the same username and password as my router SSID's.
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements