× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WBC502 - PoE port

jandmyoung_1
Follower

WBC502 - PoE port

I recently purchased the WBC502 Wireless Airbridge.  I am wondering what the cable distance can be for the ethernet cable connecting to the PoE port.  I do not have a power outlet close to the location of the Airbridge device.  I would like to place the power unit inside my house, close to a power outlet but I am not sure if there is a restriction on how long the ethernet cable can be.  I realize that 100 Meters, or 330 feet is the typical restriction on ethernet cables and need verification that this is true for PoE also.

Thanks!

Model: WBC502 Insight Instant Wireless AirBridge
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Total length from the router/switch to the AirBridge device should not exceed the max length.  Unless I'm very wrong, the (non-IEEE PoE standard) power injector can be placed anywhere along these 100 meters, e.g. near to the router/switch port.

Douglas @dcheung please confirm.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Total length from the router/switch to the AirBridge device should not exceed the max length.  Unless I'm very wrong, the (non-IEEE PoE standard) power injector can be placed anywhere along these 100 meters, e.g. near to the router/switch port.

Douglas @dcheung please confirm.

Message 2 of 3
BretD
Admin

Yes, the distance for the switch and WBC502 needs to be below 100meter.  And DO NOT use a PoE switch to power WBC502.  Use the included power supply (which is a power injector).

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements