× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WC370 wireless AP connection

Donone
Aspirant

WC370 wireless AP connection

Is it possible to use a wc370 AP without the prosafe WC7600 wireless controller.
I would like to just extend my wired network.

Any advice would be great. Thank you
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WN370 wireless AP connection

Hi Donone,

On behalf of JohnRo, I'm afraid to inform you that the WN370 access point is classified as a Thin Access Point wherein you could only configure and manage it through the WC7600 wireless controller.  Therefore, the WN370 cannot be used as a standalone access point.  Kindly check this link below for more details:

WN370 FAQs

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WC370 wireless AP connection

Hello Donone, 

Welcome to the community! 

Yes, you can use the WAC730 AP also works as a standalone access point. Follow the installation instructions without a controller here. If you have multiple WAC730's you can also manage them together using the ensemble management feature of the AP. You can refer to the manual

Let us know if you have more questions. 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 7
Donone
Aspirant

Thanks Johnro for your quick reply. I got the model wrong. I have a WC 370 access point. So is it possible to use the wc370 without the wc7600 wireless control.
Thanks
Message 3 of 7
Donone
Aspirant

Sorry its a WN370 I have. Third time lucky.
Thanks
Message 4 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WN370 wireless AP connection

Hi Donone,

On behalf of JohnRo, I'm afraid to inform you that the WN370 access point is classified as a Thin Access Point wherein you could only configure and manage it through the WC7600 wireless controller.  Therefore, the WN370 cannot be used as a standalone access point.  Kindly check this link below for more details:

WN370 FAQs

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 7
Donone
Aspirant

Thank you for replying DaneA. You don't happen to know to it was possible to flash it with we dd-drt?

Cheers for all your help. 😉
Message 6 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Donone,

I have not yet tried using a dd-wrt firmware on a WN370.  The WN370 might get bricked if you will flash it with a  dd-wrt firmware as well as the warranty will be void.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements