× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WC7520/AP360 Disable wireless administration of AP

it_at_essen
Follower

WC7520/AP360 Disable wireless administration of AP

How can I disable wireless administration for any AP so that only the WC7520 is in charge for the configuration?

Thanks in advance!
it_at_essen

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
martins4th
Novice

Once the Firmware of the AP is upgraded by the WC7520 controller, there are not many configurable options left in the AP. I don't know if there is a way to completely "turn off" access to the AP directly, but you could use a different VLAN for management. If all of your wireless profiles are configured to be in a separate VLAN from your "management" VLAN, then any wireless clients would not be able to access the AP login page.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
martins4th
Novice

Once the Firmware of the AP is upgraded by the WC7520 controller, there are not many configurable options left in the AP. I don't know if there is a way to completely "turn off" access to the AP directly, but you could use a different VLAN for management. If all of your wireless profiles are configured to be in a separate VLAN from your "management" VLAN, then any wireless clients would not be able to access the AP login page.
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements