× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WC7520 and WNDAP360 problem with one AP after IP changed

jptferreira
Aspirant

WC7520 and WNDAP360 problem with one AP after IP changed

After upgraded to the latest firmware (2.5.0.45) on the WC7520, all the AP's received the upgrade and worked fine, however I had one AP that had an incorrect static ip assigned to it by the previous tech. I only wanted for it to be on the same network as the other ones. As soon as I changed it to an available ip address... it is gone. Cannot ping old or new ip address and the WC7520 cannot find it. Can anyone shed a light on this issue?  Thanks

Model: WNDAP360|ProSafe Wireless-N Access Point
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
jptferreira
Aspirant

Re: WC7520 and WNDAP360 problem with one AP after IP changed

After following all the steps nothing worked. Then connected using putty and noticed that the ip address assigned wasn't the default. It assigned a dhcp ip address after reset. I thought it would assign the default ip address as in the manual and so I couldn't connect to it. After that I connected and reconfigured. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @jptferreira,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly try the steps below:

1. Disconnect the WNDAP360 from the WC7520. 

2. Set the WNDAP360 as a standalone access point and check if it works.  

3. If ever the WNDAP360 still works as a standalone access point, connect it back to the WC7520.  Kindly access the articles below as reference guide:

How to discover local access points using WC7520 wireless controller

Requirements for Autodiscovery of Remote Access Points using WC7520 Wireless controller

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
LaxmankumarG
NETGEAR Expert

Hi,

Alternatively you can follow the procedure below: 

1. Hard reset the AP by pressing Reset button more than 10seconds
  2. Afer the hard reset, AP will get assigned to default IP 192.168.0.160
  3. Login to AP using default ip i.e 192.168.0.160 (by configuring laptop with static ip 192.168.0.xx) 

username "admin" and password is "password"

1. Once you login to AP Modify below changes 

Go to Configuration --> IP -> DHCP Client --> Disable

i) Please enter the following details as per your network

IP Address  --> 

IP Subnet Mask -->

Default Gateway -->

Apply the changes

ii).Go to Controller Settings

Controller IP -->Update your controller ip

Apply the changes and reboot the AP.

5. Go to Controller--> Access point --> Discovery Wizard--> Select "Factory Default state" Press on "Next" tab --> Select second option "Different L3 Networks" --> Specify ip range and then press Next button 
      6. Discovery wizard will discover the WNDAP360 AP from the network, once the discovery is done you can add it to WC7520 Controller

Message 3 of 4
jptferreira
Aspirant

After following all the steps nothing worked. Then connected using putty and noticed that the ip address assigned wasn't the default. It assigned a dhcp ip address after reset. I thought it would assign the default ip address as in the manual and so I couldn't connect to it. After that I connected and reconfigured. Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements