Re: WC7520 does not add WNDAP360

Cybernet
Follower

WC7520 does not add WNDAP360

Hi,

Fresh install
WC7520 configured in the lan with static ip
DHCP OK
WNDAP360 detected with the wizard, it convert it from stand alone(2.0.4) to 2.2.1, after the flashing and reboot of the AP, the controller does not see it anymore

The ap is in the network, I can Http on it but WC7520 still "ap rebooting"
I delete the AP in WC

I add again from Last discovered section, still blocked on connecting....

I reverse to AP to stand alone 2.0.4 firmware, the AP is OK and try again the procedure. still the same..

what's wrong ?

thanlks

Message 1 of 20
adit
Mentor

Message 2 of 20
Datajockeys
Aspirant

I just tried pushing a firmware update to my 350's and the same thing happened. 100% brickage. I suspect they reset back to factory so I get to run arround and reconfig all of them. Grrrrrrrrr :mad:
-----

Robert Johnston

Datajockeys, LLC
Message 3 of 20
NaplesGov
Aspirant

Same issue here, 2.2.1_2632 firmware on 7520. WNDAP360 flashes firmware, reboots and stays at AP is Rebooting in 7520. AP restarts and power LED flashes amber forever.

Happened on two WNDAP360's so far, all were new in box this morning, WC7520 and WNDAP360's. Didn't matter if I just plugged the AP in and discovered it or configured it for stand alone first (they worked as stand alone).

Thanks,

Jeff
Message 4 of 20
RSchwein
Aspirant

I had similar problems with the WC7520, dissappearing devices, 350's and 360's entering continuous reboot..... etc..... I opened a support ticket and in short order was given to someone who apparently was writing the code. After several firmware updates things started working. My current firmware version is several iterations beyond the 2.2.1 posted on Netgear's support site. Signed agreements prevent me from giving this out so don't even ask. If you havn't already done so, open a support ticket. Bob
Message 5 of 20
adit
Mentor

2.3.0.16 is the most recent beta version. Contact support and inquire about this version.
Message 6 of 20
RSchwein
Aspirant

Thanks ADIT, appreciate the update. Bob
Message 7 of 20
DFlan
Aspirant

adit wrote:
2.3.0.16 is the most recent beta version. Contact support and inquire about this version.

Hi addit,

I'm having the same exact issue as Cybernet, NaplesGov and RSchwein. Same setup - a WC7520 controller and WNDAP360 APs. As with the other users, our access points are not connecting to the controller. Some APs have disappeared, and one won't recover from error mode after doing the factory reset.

I've contacted NetGear support, but they don't know of (are not acknowledging the existence of) any firmware beyond what is posted on the website (2.2.1 for the controller and 2.1.1 for the APs). Do you know of any other way to obtain the firmware version that you mentioned?

Thanks!
Message 8 of 20
adit
Mentor

Message 9 of 20
mackeyuk
Aspirant

I have exactly the same issue.

I have upgraded the controller to the latest firmware 2.2.1 and the APs to 2.1.1.

Really disappointed, we have spent over 4000 GBP on this heap of junk.
Message 10 of 20
mackeyuk
Aspirant

So support sent me the beta firmware for the controller which I applied.

However when the WNDAP360 are discovered the controller reports that their firmware requires upgrading. Than after 30min the controller says the APs failed to upgrade.

Is there a beta firmware needed for the AP's?

We are supposed to be deploying this junk on a clients site next week. Urgent help needed please.
Message 11 of 20
adit
Mentor

Which firmware is currently on the WNDAP360's?
Message 12 of 20
mackeyuk
Aspirant

We originally had the latest listed on the netgear website v2.1.1 however to try and get things going we downgraded one of the APs to 2.0.4 but that did not resolve the issue.

We are supposed to be installing this equipment on our clients site next week, can you please offer urgent assistance.

Thanks in advance.
Message 13 of 20
adit
Mentor

Keep in mind this is a user forum and not Tech Support. Which firmware is on the WC7520? v2.1.2 is the latest beta for the 360.
Message 14 of 20
mackeyuk
Aspirant

Hi,

I dont have this beta firmware for the AP's
Tech support only gave me the beta for the controller.

How can I get it?
Message 15 of 20
adit
Mentor

Contact support. Which firmware on the 7520?
Message 16 of 20
mackeyuk
Aspirant

We contacted support again and they issued another beta firmware for the access controller.

Noticed a bug, when discovering the AP the access controller forces the AP to upgrade its firmware, however when the AP reboots it forgets its static IP address. We then had find the IP address of the AP from our DHCP server and them manually change the AP's IP back to the original static IP, remove the AP from the access controller and re-add it again. Only after doing this for 20 AP's do we seem to have a working system. Very poor indeed and we will certainly not be buying these products again!
Message 17 of 20
adit
Mentor

If you would have focused on answering my questions I could have saved you a lot of time.
Message 18 of 20
mackeyuk
Aspirant

Don't patronise me.

When all said and done Netgear have released equipment for sale which relies on beta firmware to work to an acceptable level and still has bugs.

When you buy any premium product you except it to perform as described. If you were to buy a car and it didn't go round corners you would be pretty unhappy!

If anyone else is reading this post an considering this equipment I have one word for you... CISCO.
Message 19 of 20
Marto731
Aspirant

WC7520 not adding WNDAP360

Hello users,
I know I am following up on a 2011/ 2012 post, but this is for the benefit of other readers.

To add an access point, DHCP must be available.

Can you see the attached help sheet.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24342

Also, I prefer that AP's are plugged into a switch at Discovery, and not into the
WC7520 directly.

Thanks,
Marto
NETGEAR ReadyNAS Former Employee-- Tech Support & Documentation
Contact Information: http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/default.aspx
Message 20 of 20
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements