× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WC7600 Licensing

dgordon11
Aspirant

WC7600 Licensing

I purchased a WC7600 in a bundle with 10APs off of Amazon (WB7620-100NAS). It says it comes with 10 AP licenses. Pre-installed on the unit is 2 licenses. There is a KB25084 ( https://kb.netgear.com/25084/How-do-I-activate-the-license-included-in-a-bundle-kit-WC7660SKT-or-on-... ) instructions is get the on line (and yes i verified it's on line by pinging www.netgear.com), register the unit with support, and click replace and it should download the license.

When I click replace I receive the following:

License Server is not reachable OR Unit is not registered before. No Licenses were replaced.

I have been chating with support and they have been no help they keep sending me the same KBs.

I have contacted Amazon and they sent me another kit and there was nothing in the box with a license key.

Anyone else have issues?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: WC7600 Licensing

Hi dgordon11,

Welcome to the community!

Can you please send me a private message with the Serial number(s) of the unit(s) you have tried to activate the license and received the error message?

The license key is electronic so you won't see anything printed within the packaging.

Once I have the serial numbres I'll check them further for you to try see what's going on.

Regards

DavidGo

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: WC7600 Licensing

Hi dgordon11,

Welcome to the community!

Can you please send me a private message with the Serial number(s) of the unit(s) you have tried to activate the license and received the error message?

The license key is electronic so you won't see anything printed within the packaging.

Once I have the serial numbres I'll check them further for you to try see what's going on.

Regards

DavidGo

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements