× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WG103 super-G mode

mhndsh
Aspirant

WG103 super-G mode

Hi,

i enabled super-G mode, but i still have only 54 Mbps just near to the AP..

Is there any another thing to do?

Thnaks

Model: WG103|ProSafe 802.11G Wireless Access Point
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WG103 super-G mode

Hi @mhndsh,

I set up our WG103 in the laboratory.  Upgraded its firmware to v2.2.5 then performed a factory reset.  Afterwards, I configured the wireless settings and enabled Super-G Mode as shown in the screenshots below:

I borrowed a Samsung Note 8 from a colleague and connect it to the SSID I created.  The Samsung Note 8 is wirelessly connected with 48Mbps then it eventually changed to 54Mbps as shown in the screenshots below: 

I also tried to connect a MAC computer to the SSID I created.  The MAC computer is wirelessly connected with 48Mbps as shown in the screenshot below: 

As per page 5-5 of the WG103 reference manual here, "the Super-G mode is a proprietary extension to the 802.11g standard, which can double the throughput to 108 Mbps. Only compatible wireless stations can use this mode."  -- With regard to this, it seemed that the Super-G Mode is only compatible to work with wireless devices that is also capable of Super-G Mode.  One example is the NETGEAR WG511T Wireless PC Card which is already EOL (End-of-Life). 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WG103 super-G mode

Hi @mhndsh,

I set up our WG103 in the laboratory.  Upgraded its firmware to v2.2.5 then performed a factory reset.  Afterwards, I configured the wireless settings and enabled Super-G Mode as shown in the screenshots below:

I borrowed a Samsung Note 8 from a colleague and connect it to the SSID I created.  The Samsung Note 8 is wirelessly connected with 48Mbps then it eventually changed to 54Mbps as shown in the screenshots below: 

I also tried to connect a MAC computer to the SSID I created.  The MAC computer is wirelessly connected with 48Mbps as shown in the screenshot below: 

As per page 5-5 of the WG103 reference manual here, "the Super-G mode is a proprietary extension to the 802.11g standard, which can double the throughput to 108 Mbps. Only compatible wireless stations can use this mode."  -- With regard to this, it seemed that the Super-G Mode is only compatible to work with wireless devices that is also capable of Super-G Mode.  One example is the NETGEAR WG511T Wireless PC Card which is already EOL (End-of-Life). 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements