× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WMS5316 Access Point Groups

JoeBishopCDS
Aspirant

WMS5316 Access Point Groups

Hello,

We are trying to configure a Guest Network on our WNDAP350 APs using a WMS5316, i can see how to do this (in theory create a new profile with the correct vlan etc.) but unfortunately when i come to assign the APs to a new access point group, it will remove the AP from the existing AP group where we need it to be in both.

I was wondering if there is a way where the APs can use dual groups? Rather than just the one.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WMS5316 Access Point Groups

Hi JoeBishopCDS,

The only way to achieve this is to use another AP that will be linked to a new profile that will only broadcast the staff SSID with MAC restriction. 

Just let me know if you have other questions.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi JoeBishopCDS,

Unfortunately, this isn't possible. You can only assign the said AP on a single AP Group. I hope you won't mind me asking, why do you need the AP to be part or membered of multiple AP groups?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community

Message 2 of 4
JoeBishopCDS
Aspirant

Hi Brian,

Ah, i thought this may of been the case!

We want to lock down our staff only SSID network by mac restriction, unfortunately when we do this our guest network SSID is also locked down as its in the same profile group as the staff one. I then had the idea to create a new profile group, and add the APs to this hoping that we could use multiple groups, but as you said sadly this cannot be achieved.

If there is another way of doing this then i would appreciate some guidance.

Regards,

Joe

Message 3 of 4
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi JoeBishopCDS,

The only way to achieve this is to use another AP that will be linked to a new profile that will only broadcast the staff SSID with MAC restriction. 

Just let me know if you have other questions.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements