WMS5316 and WNDAP350

Eejit
Aspirant

WMS5316 and WNDAP350

Hi Guys,

My apologies if this subject has already been covered in the past, I have tried searching the form but to no avail.

I have inheritted a WMS5316 and it has been upgraded to the latest Firmware - v2.1.5

I have bought 2 x Used WNDAP350's and upgraded their firmware to the latest build also - v3.7.4.0

This setup is going to be used around my home.

I can autodiscover the AP's on the same subnet /24 no problem. The issue is that I cannot bring them under management because of Set Access Point Name failed for 192.168.10.210 (Not Authenticated).

Now I have tried non-complex passwords and also complex ranging from 4-24 characters and still the error persists.

I have soft and hard rebooted all devices and still I cannot bring them under management.

Am I being dim? Am I missing a trick here? 

Many thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Model: WNDAP350|ProSafe Wireless-N Access Point
Message 1 of 18
LaxmankumarG
NETGEAR Expert

Re: WMS5316 and WNDAP350

Hi, 

The latest standaloneAP firmware v3.7.4.0 is not supported by WMS5316. You can look at the following link for the KB article to find out the supported firmware version of the StandaloneAP firmware.

https://kb.netgear.com/29894/WNDAP350-Firmware-Version-3-0-4-0

Message 2 of 18
LaxmankumarG
NETGEAR Expert

Hil,

For more information you can follow the following community thread also.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Business-Wireless/WMS5316-WNDAP-350-firmware-upgrade/m-p/1381696#M4...

Message 3 of 18
Eejit
Aspirant

Thanks LaxmankumarG.

So you are saying that 3.0.4.0 is the last firmware that supported management by the WS5316?

Seems odd that even if a controller is EoL that you would penalise people when still have these products, that are fully functioning, essentially forcing people into purchasing new hardware.
Way to go Netgear, great way to save the planet!
Message 4 of 18
SergioLiloia
Aspirant

Hi,

we would like to solve the wpa2 issue after update to teh last vesion WNDAP350_V3.7.7.0 and WMS5316_FW_V2.1.5 all the access point stop to work well any sync work and we see authentication failed.

Do you have a new firmware to solve the issue on both systems?

Thank you

Sergio

Message 5 of 18
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @SergioLiloia,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy 

The WMS5316 was already EOL (End of Life) and do not have any updates for a long time.  There is no guarantee that whenever a new AP firmware is being released, it will still continue to work with WMS5316.  If the latest AP firmware does not work, the only option is to downgrade the AP firmware back to the previous version that worked with WMS5316.

Currently, the latest firmware for the WNDAP350 is v3.7.9.0 that was released recently.  However, as per the WNDAP350 Firmware Version 3.7.9.0 release notes indicate here, it does not include the fix to your concern.  

Let me share to you the forum thread below that is similar to your concern:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Business-Wireless/WNDAP360-fw-3-7-7-0-issues/m-p/1388634#M4107

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 18
SergioLiloia
Aspirant

Hi Perfect.

I need to have one more info...

We would like to keep the actual WNDAP350 and update on the last firmware version to solve the WPA2 vulnerability and also ther issue, so what do you suggest, what controller model is fully comaptible?

Thanks in advance

Sergio

Message 7 of 18
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

@SergioLiloia,

The WNDAP350 is fully compatible to the following wireless controllers: WC7500, WC7600v2 and WC9500.  For more information, kindly access and read their respective data sheets below:

WC7500 Data Sheet

WC7600v2 Data Sheet

WC9500 Data Sheet

Furthermore, let me share the forum link below and read it:

NETGEAR Access Points and KRACK (WPA2 Vulnerabilities)

Regards,

DaneA 

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 18
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

@SergioLiloia,

I just want to follow-up.  Let us know if you have further questions.

If ever your concern or information you needed has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 9 of 18
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @Eejit@SergioLiloia,

FYI... we have begun investigating the issue with WMS5316 no longer synching/authenticating with access points after the access points firmware has been upgraded. We don't have an ETA for a fix just yet, but once we have further information we will provide an update accordingly.

Please stay tuned!

Regards
DavidGo

Message 10 of 18
wardl895
Aspirant

I hope a resolution can be found as at the moment i have a large peperweight in my home server cabinet...

Updated all my access points this evening and all have the authenticate error...

Rich.

Model: WNDAP360|ProSafe Wireless-N Access Point
Message 11 of 18
wardl895
Aspirant

After over a week of testing a beta firmware for the WMS5316 all seems to be going good...

However a common thing i have noticed in the Logs is...

AP 000.000.000.000 Changed status from Success <0> to Not Authenticated <-5>

Error condition drain the queue

AP 000.000.000.000 Changed status from Not Authenticated <-5> to Success <0>

AP 000.000.000.000 Changed status from Success <0> to Not Authenticated <-5>

Error condition drain the queue

and it will repeat this status for upto 3 minutes every couple of hours, also in the Log file it keeps sending "MARK --" to the log file every 10-20 minutes

I did notice it would not find and still will not find my WNDAP360 or even allow me to manualy add its IP address.

any idea's on the above?

Rich

Model: WNAP320|ProSafe Wireless-N Access Point
Message 12 of 18
LaxmankumarG
NETGEAR Expert

Hi,

thanks for your feedback!

can you explain more clearly about the statement you said 

"I did notice it would not find and still will not find my WNDAP360 or even allow me to manualy add its IP address.

any idea's on the above?"

Are all the WNDAP360 not managed by WMS5316 or you are trying to add a new WNDAP360 and not able to discover?

Message 13 of 18
LaxmankumarG
NETGEAR Expert

Hi,

thanks for your feedback!

can you explain more clearly about the statement you said 

"I did notice it would not find and still will not find my WNDAP360 or even allow me to manualy add its IP address.

any idea's on the above?"

Are all the WNDAP360 not managed by WMS5316 or you are trying to add a new WNDAP360 and not able to discover?

Message 14 of 18
wardl895
Aspirant

Hi there, after performing a full device reset on the WMS it found my 320 however not the 360 the only difference that i can think of is its a dual band access point? Internally i dont know.
I tried manually searching an ip range that contained the ip of the access point and then tried the automatic search and still nothing.

I have x2 wnap320 and x1 wndap360
All used to connect fine before update with the wms.
Richard
Model: WNDAP360|ProSafe Wireless-N Access Point
Message 15 of 18
wardl895
Aspirant

*in more detail answer to your question is, I have tried numerous times/ways to "Add" my WNDAP360 access point to the WMS5316 so it can be managed.

The main problem being is the WMS5316 does not seem to "Find"/"see" it.

"Access point discovery" - "Auto Discovery" and "IP Discovery" have both failed to yield and search results.

Rich

Model: WNAP320|ProSafe Wireless-N Access Point,WNDAP360|ProSafe Wireless-N Access Point
Message 16 of 18
LaxmankumarG
NETGEAR Expert

Hi There,

thanks for your detailed answer, i really appreciate your quick response. We understood the problem and started working on it. Meanwhile can you enable the SNMP on the AP and try discovering it?. In the latest AP firmwares we found it is disabled by default, and SNMP must be enabled to discover the AP in WMS5316

Message 17 of 18
LaxmankumarG
NETGEAR Expert

Hi There,

after you enable the SNMP in AP, can you give the AP IP as the start IP in the IP discovery?.

Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements