× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WN604 upgrade fail

mgBA
Aspirant

WN604 upgrade fail

I upgraded my WN604 to firmware version 3.3.6 as per the security email alert and now I can't see the wireless network on any devices or a wifi analyzer on my phone.

I made sure the SSID broadcast was "on", rebooted both soft and hard (power cycle) and changed the SSID, still nothing.

I have also backed down to v3.3.3, still no luck.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi mgBA,

Welcome to the community!

It seems that you already tried downgrading the firmware of the AP but still it is not broadcasting any SSID. Have you tried resetting this to factory default? If it is still not responding to any of it. I suggest you to open a case/chat online on NETGEAR Support and let them know the status of the device. Please be ready with a soft copy of the Proof of Purchase or Invoice of the device for warranty verification. If ever the device is still under warranty, an online replacement will be provided.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi mgBA,

Welcome to the community!

It seems that you already tried downgrading the firmware of the AP but still it is not broadcasting any SSID. Have you tried resetting this to factory default? If it is still not responding to any of it. I suggest you to open a case/chat online on NETGEAR Support and let them know the status of the device. Please be ready with a soft copy of the Proof of Purchase or Invoice of the device for warranty verification. If ever the device is still under warranty, an online replacement will be provided.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
mgBA
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.

I restored it to factory and the SSID was broadcasting. I then applied the latest firmware and SSID continued to broadcast. It didn't like the backup config file, so I just reset everything manually. I am connected to it now, so if you get this reply, it works.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements