WNAP 320 - Random reboots

fasteasytom
Aspirant

WNAP 320 - Random reboots

Hi all,

We've got a WNAP320 in place at one of the businesses we support and we're having issues with random reboots. 

The connection seems to drop for 30 seconds before it reboots, luckily I've managed to grab a log file just as it was doing it, which I can upload and post a link to if needed.

"Nov 27 02:28:25 kernel: **********start to dump txq info*******************
Nov 27 02:28:25 kernel: Current free txbuf is 31
Nov 27 02:28:25 kernel: TXQ0 is empty, head=tail=0, depth=0
Nov 27 02:28:25 kernel: TXQ1 is empty, head=tail=0, depth=0
Nov 27 02:28:25 kernel: TXQ2 is empty, head=tail=0, depth=0
Nov 27 02:28:25 kernel: TXQ3 is empty, head=tail=0, depth=0
Nov 27 02:28:25 kernel: TXQ7 is empty, head=tail=0, depth=0
Nov 27 02:28:25 kernel: TXQ8 is empty, head=tail=0, depth=0
Nov 27 02:28:25 kernel: Can't get TXBUF and the txq depth is 0, trigger the schedule"

This seems to appear in the log file just as it's about to reboot. Looks like some sort of buffer overflow?

We're on the verge of returning it (it's been in place for just under 12 months now), just wanted to know if our suspicions were right or if this is something that can be easily fixed. 

We updated to the latest firmware last week and that doesn't seem to have made a difference either.

Thanks for your help!

Tom

Model: WNAP320|ProSafe Wireless-N Access Point
Message 1 of 5
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Re: WNAP 320 - Random reboots

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the Netgear Community.  Could please you tell us your WNAP320 is in standalone mode or not? If it is in standalone mode then please save the detailed logs from monitoring page and share with us. We will take a look at.

Thanks

Raghu

Message 2 of 5
fasteasytom
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply Raghu,

I've attached the logs: https://expirebox.com/download/18ba9f57a109fcab528e773a352c266f.html

If that site isn't allowed for transfering, could you let me know which ones are/how I can post it directly?

The device is currently running in standalone mode.

Thanks,

Tom

Message 3 of 5
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Tom

Thank you. We are able download the logs. Currently we are looking into those. Will share our feedback once we complete our analysis.

Thanks

Raghu

Message 4 of 5
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Tom

We need some additional details. Can you please let us know

How many wireless client are connected at Max? and Client Details.  What Kind of Traffic are  running on those wireless clients? How frequent the issue is seen?

Thanks

Raghu

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements