Highlighted
Follower

WND930 point to point and wifi

I need some help, we have a marina with a building that has our internet service and wifi. We also have a 30' tower about 250' across the harbor that I want to mount the WND930. What can I use for a power adapter to power the PoE? Also, can I use another access point with a directional antenna to do the point to point bridge to the WND930 and also have that WND930 provide wifi across the whole harbor? How would I set it up?

Model: WND930|Dual Band Outdoor AccessPoint
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: WND930 point to point and wifi

Hi @DwightB,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy 

There is no option to use a power adapter to turn on the WND930.  The WND930 can only be powered up by either of the following:

a. Connect one LAN port to a PSE (power-sourcing equipment) switch that supports IEEE 802.3at.

b. Connect the two LAN ports to a  PSE (power-sourcing equipment) switch that supports IEEE 802.3af.

As reference above, kindly read page 8 of the WND930 reference manual here

You can set up a wireless point-to-point bridge between 2 WND930 access points provided that there is line of sight is observed.  Kindly read about on how to set up a wireless point-to-point bridge between 2 WND930 access points from page 37-39 of the WND930 reference manual here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: WND930 point to point and wifi

@DwightB,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have further questions.

Otherwise, if ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements