× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WNDAP Firmware - Freezing issues

zn30
Tutor

WNDAP Firmware - Freezing issues

Hi

We have over 50 WNDAP360 accesspoints. They are on firmware version 3.5.5.0

We still have freezing issues, everything seems to be OK on the front leds, but the acesspoint won't connect/answer to a client. Totaly out of order and users complaying about poor Wi-Fi

Please, make a new firmware with a schedule restart for the accesspoint.

Model: WNDAP360|ProSafe Wireless-N Access Point
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WNDAP Firmware - Freezing issues

Hi zn30,

I suggest you to post the idea about implementing a restart feature on the WNDAP360 on the Idea Exchange for Business board here.  Adding kudos to the ideas will help as development team will be reviewing the post that has the most kudos for considering it to be added to the product's future functionality.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi zn30,

Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Are all 50 WNDAP360 access points working fine before?

b. Are you using a wireless controller?

c. How are the WNDAP360 access points mounted?  Are they mounted on the ceiling or on the side wall? 

d. Does both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands have poor wireless connection on every WNDAP360 access point?

e. What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

I look forward to your response.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
zn30
Tutor

a. Are all 50 WNDAP360 access points working fine before?

No, they are randomly freezing/hanging up. We have them on 4 different locations.

b. Are you using a wireless controller?

No!

c. How are the WNDAP360 access points mounted?  Are they mounted on the ceiling or on the side wall?

Most of them on ceiling!

d. Does both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands have poor wireless connection on every WNDAP360 access point?

It doesn't matter, if one of them hangs up it does not respond on Wi-Fi at all. Usually users tell me that they have  poor Wi-Fi and when I check/scan for Wi-fi I see that this accesspoint is out of order, totaly.

e. What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

New firmware, factory reset. I have shut down all accesspoints except the one that is freezed for verification. A restart allways help. Why just not have a scheduled restart option on this businnes product it would help us a lot.

Message 3 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi zn30,

Since you have already updated the firmware and performed a factory reset and still the access points are freezing/hanging up, I advise you to open an online case with NETGEAR Support at anytime.  State your concerns to the NETGEAR Support team for further assistance.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi zn30,

Were you able to open an online case with NETGEAR Support?  Kindly keep us posted.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 7
zn30
Tutor

DaneA

we have allready had several cases about this issue. The answer is "reset to factory default" and it will work for a time....or.... "you can return the old one and we send you a new one"(takes 2 months for a case, we don't have this time anymore) 

So therefore I ask you or I don't know who to ask if "You(Netgear) can implement a restart feature.

Model: WNDAP360|ProSafe Wireless-N Access Point
Message 6 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi zn30,

I suggest you to post the idea about implementing a restart feature on the WNDAP360 on the Idea Exchange for Business board here.  Adding kudos to the ideas will help as development team will be reviewing the post that has the most kudos for considering it to be added to the product's future functionality.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements