× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WNDAP350 fimware V3.6.9.0 Kills 5Ghz channel & login

MarkRocketMan
Aspirant

WNDAP350 fimware V3.6.9.0 Kills 5Ghz channel & login

I look after 2 WNDAP350's and I was dumb enough to upgrade (?) both with the new firmware V3.6.9.0.  It is no longer possible to connect to eithers WiFi 5Ghz ports. 2.5ghz continues to work well but not the same throughput as 5Ghz had. I have checked for new SSID and radio with inSSIDer  but nothing is showing on frequency  so I have a feeling that the Firmware has problems.  The SSSID appears then dissapears and if your quick enough to enter the password when its up "password invalid "  or "cannot join network" is the responce.  There have been no changes to the network...... 

Anybody else seen this ? 

Model: WNDAP350|ProSafe Wireless-N Access Point
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
MarkRocketMan
Aspirant

Re: WNDAP350 fimware V3.6.9.0 Kills 5Ghz channel & login

OK All resolved!  I flushed all the Routing Tables held by switches and Router  and all is again as it should be, including the TP Link repeater, which I must consider replacing from a security standpoint!  I assume there was a loop some place, old table vs new ?? I dont know but all good now. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi MarkRocketMan,

Welcome to our community!

It seems that all of this issues happened right after the firmware upgrade. Please try resetting the AP to factory default and check if the issue will occur again. May I know if you follow the sequence before upgrading it to v3.6.9.0? As I checked it on the release notes that there is a sequence of firmware that we need to follow.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
MarkRocketMan
Aspirant

Yes thanks for that pointer John, Iv looked after the WNDAP350 for some years now and stepped through all the upgrade in series without issue to date.

Status as of 30/06/17 :

It appears there is a "security" anomaly with a TP Link repeater. I have taken it out of the network (turned off) and rebooted the router, switches and WAPs. We have 5Ghz up and running as it should. Hurrah !   The bizarr element is that the the TP Link repeater does not have any 5Ghz  capability but that is what it was crashing. When I turned it back on 5Ghz died again .... It looks like somthing to do with "looping" protection..... I just dont know but at least most of the network is up and running ...perhaps now is the time to £££ and bridge?

All I have to do is sort out the coverage the TP Link provided now .... So test a few diffrent configuration options and then bin it Smiley Surprised    Cheers Mark 

Message 3 of 4
MarkRocketMan
Aspirant

OK All resolved!  I flushed all the Routing Tables held by switches and Router  and all is again as it should be, including the TP Link repeater, which I must consider replacing from a security standpoint!  I assume there was a loop some place, old table vs new ?? I dont know but all good now. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements