WNDAP360 & Intel Advanced-N 6205 - packet drops

kortex
Aspirant

WNDAP360 & Intel Advanced-N 6205 - packet drops

Hi all,

We have been provided new work laptop that is using the following wireless network card: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205.

Unfortunately, the WNDAP360 doesn't seem to work very well at all with this new Intel adapter as the connection/association is working fine but within 1-2 minutes the access to intranet and internet is very slow and finally stop with the "Limited Access" exclamation mark on the laptop.

I was hopefull when discovering the following statement in the release notes of the latest firmware 2.1.5 pushed recently:
"Fixed compatibility issue that new generation Intel stations, 6300 and 6205, have inherent issues with U-APSD when they are configured in WPA2-AES."

I have updated following the procedure provided in the Release notes (that include a Reset of the AP after upgrade) from 2.1.1 to 2.1.5 but still the problem persists with the Intel drivers 15.1.0.18 and latest 15.3.1.

Any suggestion to get a workaround here?

Best Regards,
K
Message 1 of 3
kortex
Aspirant

Re: WNDAP360 & Intel Advanced-N 6205 - packet drops

A swift update. I managed to get the access point working by setting the encryption to WPA-TKIP on the Intel 6205.
The side effect is that the speed is dropped to 54 Mbps maximum.

Hopefully we will see an updated firmware soon for the WNDAP360 so we can use the full features of our equipment.

Regards,
K
Message 2 of 3
ThreeXH
Aspirant

Re: WNDAP360 & Intel Advanced-N 6205 - packet drops

kortex wrote:
A swift update. I managed to get the access point working by setting the encryption to WPA-TKIP on the Intel 6205.
The side effect is that the speed is dropped to 54 Mbps maximum.

Hopefully we will see an updated firmware soon for the WNDAP360 so we can use the full features of our equipment.

Regards,
K

I have an Intel 6205 on the latest drivers on my work laptop and a WNDAP360 on 2.1.5 and I don't get any packet loss at all using WPA2PSK with AES, 5Ghz/40MHz.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements