× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WNDAP620 as repeater for Fritzbox wireless signal

krja1012
Aspirant

WNDAP620 as repeater for Fritzbox wireless signal

Hello,

I bought me the WNDAP620 AccessPoint as WLAN Repeater.

I'm using a FritzBox 7490 which is connected to the internet. Now I want the WNDAP to repeat the Wireless signal from the Fritzbox to extend my wireless range.

But I can't get it run 😞 I nearly tried everything to get it working, but without success.

Can anybody help my and tell me how I have to configure my WNDAP620 to use it as Repeater for the Fritzbox?

Thanks a lot!

Regards

Jan

P.S: Firmware is up to date.

Model: WNDAP620|ProSafe 3x3 Single Radio| Dual Band Wireless-N Access Point
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi krja1012,

Welcome to our community!

Unfortunately, we cannot use the WNDAP620 as a repeater for your fritzbox. WNDAP620 supports wireless bridging but it should only be connected to another NETGEAR access point.

If you wanted to use a repeater, you might want to check our WiFi range extenders.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi krja1012,

Welcome to our community!

Unfortunately, we cannot use the WNDAP620 as a repeater for your fritzbox. WNDAP620 supports wireless bridging but it should only be connected to another NETGEAR access point.

If you wanted to use a repeater, you might want to check our WiFi range extenders.

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
krja1012
Aspirant

Hi JohnCarloV,

thanks for your answer 🙂 In this document I found that the WNDAP620 has a "Repeater Mode", so I thought that it can repeat WLAN signals.
http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/datasheet/en/WNDAP620.pdf

Advanced Wireless Features
Wireless Distribution System (WDS)
•	Bridge mode: Point-to-point wireless
WDS mode
•	Bridge mode: Point-to-multipoint
wireless WDS mode
•	Repeater mode
•	Adjustable Transmit Power Control
(TPC) from 100 mW down to 0 mW

Now I'm confused a little bit.
Despite of that, which access point base stations I can use here? (no problem to connect the base station to LAN cable)

Regards 

Jan

Message 3 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

krja1012,

Yes, you are correct. But it can only be used as a repeater of another NETGEAR access point as per the image attached above. As long as it is a NETGEAR Business Access Point that supports wireless bridging.

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@krja1012,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything works ok now or you still need further assistance. Just in case that the reply was the solution to your problem, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 5 of 6
krja1012
Aspirant

Hi,

I bought another WNDAP620. I will connect this one directly to fritz box by wire and then I'll try to get the bridge to the other WNDAP620 running.

I hope this will work like expected.

Thanks for your answers 🙂

Regards

Jan

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements