WWAC 510 Problems with Settings and Importing MAC ACL

coljediv
Aspirant

WWAC 510 Problems with Settings and Importing MAC ACL

I have problems with the WAC 510 holding the settings that I apply.  For example:

1. In Configuration, Wireless, Basic, WLAN Setttings, if I open up my SSID1, even after I have applied the settings previously, the VAP shows disabled, the Wireless Network Name (SSID) shows "netgear" instead of the name I previously gave it, the RSSI threshold is back to -100 even though I previously set it to -55, the Network Authentication shows "Open" even though I have set it to WPA2-PSK previously.

2.  With the MAC ACL, the drop-down list is blank even though I have established ACL lists in the Security section.  So, I can't even match the appropriate ACL list to the SSID as desired.

3.  I also seem to have two accounts, one for my routers that I have previously bought, and one for the two WAC510s that I have recently bought in two separate transactions.

What gives?

Jack

coljediv
Model: WAC510|Insight Managed Smart Cloud Wireless Access Point
Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: WWAC 510 Problems with Settings and Importing MAC ACL

Hi Jack,

Welcome to Netgear Community.

Can you please give more details to understand your issues better. 

1. Which firmware WAC510 is running? Also share browser details from which you are accessing the GUI.

2. What mode WAC510 is configured? StandAlone or Router mode?

3. For issue 1 and 2, When you started seeing this issue? It would help if you can explain the actions performed on AP due to which you hit these issues? Please attach the screenshot if possible.

4. For issue 3, Do you mean you are not able register all products under https://my.netgear.com?

Thanks.

Sharan

Message 2 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Also, Please share MAC ACL Group name you have configured(* imp)? & Detailed logs downloaded from "Monitoring->Logs->Download Detailed Logs".

Thanks.

Sharan 

Message 3 of 5
coljediv
Aspirant

This gets a bit complicated.  When I was having the problems I identified, I had both WAC510s configured as Management Mode = PC Web-browser.  I had a ACL group named Family as the number 2 group.  But now I am converted over to NETGEAR Insight App mode, so of course everything is different.  So I don't think I can send you the logs.  Let's close this thread.  I have some new questions anyway now that I am in this new mode, and the ACL issue is down on my urgency list.

But, before we do, what did you mean by (* imp)?  Did you want to seem my imported text file or what?  And I will go ahead and send you the logs, just in case the logs cover the period in question.  Oops, this page will not allow the file type of the logs, which are *.zip, which encapsulates *.tar.

coljediv
Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I assume you are running firmware v3.1.0.12. If so, we have internally identified an issue with MAC ACL group name & If Group name has space character, SSID profile are reset to 'netgear' and open security.

We have already fixed this issue and should be available in our next firmware release. Stay tuned!

Please see if this data helps for your issue.

Thanks for reaching Netgear Community, Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks.

Sharan

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements