× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Which AP should I get

vickyd48
Follower

Which AP should I get

What is the best AP for the following configuratio?  

WAN - IP is not really public, but has access to our Internal LAN and Internet

LAN - IP's will be provided by DHCP or static but differnt subnet that can't access our internal LAN in no shape or form.

Can I use one-to-one NAT to allow devices on WAN side of IP's to reach LAN devices if they are setup with NAT?  Typically the addresses would be public to private NAT, but this is a not doable.  This wouldn't be a question if the IP's were public, but I believe I might have an issue.  Anway what is the best AP I could try this configuration on? 

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Which AP should I get

Hi @vickyd48,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

You may want to check the WAC510 - Insight Managed Smart Cloud Wireless Access Point.  The WAC510 can function either as AP mode or Router mode.  If AP mode is selected, it functions as a standalone access point.  If the Router mode is selected, it functions as a standalone AP with its router functionality enabled including network address translation (NAT) and the option to enable and configure the DHCP server of the access point.  Kindly read page 114 of the WAC510 user manual here.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Which AP should I get

Hi @vickyd48,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

You may want to check the WAC510 - Insight Managed Smart Cloud Wireless Access Point.  The WAC510 can function either as AP mode or Router mode.  If AP mode is selected, it functions as a standalone access point.  If the Router mode is selected, it functions as a standalone AP with its router functionality enabled including network address translation (NAT) and the option to enable and configure the DHCP server of the access point.  Kindly read page 114 of the WAC510 user manual here.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements