Highlighted
Admin

WiFi 6 Access Points Page - Learn More

WiFi 6 Access Points and devices are the future of WiFi

Learn more about the challenges that 802.11ax WiFi 6 solves from better coverage, barrier penetration, increased range, more performance, easy setup and improved security.

Also, explore the business use Cases for WiFi 6, and what makes the WiFi 6 Technology better than previous formats.

Thanks to the NETGEAR Community for exploring the new WiFi 6 for Business landing page and letting us know your feedback and keep an eye out for more news of WiFi 6 for business soon. 

https://www.netgear.com/landings/wifi-6-access-points/

Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Guru

Re: WiFi 6 Access Points Page - Learn More

Expcting these new WiFi 6 WAC should be manageable standalone and by Insight - I'm curious how Netgear does intend to PoE+ and operate these on 2.5GbE switches? Currently, there are no 2.5G capable PoE+ in the Smart Managed Pro with Insight and Insight Managed Smart Cloud Switches  ... and a 10G cloud manageable switch for a core in a SOHO or small SMB environment is missing, too.

Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Tutor

So, here it is the Netgear 2x2:2 WAX610 access point.When will 4x4:4 devices be available? Also, is RADIUS based dynamic VLAN assignemnt supported for those new 802.11ax access points?

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Guru

@Michael9 wrote:

So, here it is the Netgear 2x2:2 WAX610 access point.

Nice discovery, thank you!

@Michael9 wrote:

When will 4x4:4 devices be available?

f($$$) - it's a question of the pricing at the end of the day. Of course for high density developments 4x4:4 and 4x4:8 would be nice.

@Michael9 wrote:

Also, is RADIUS based dynamic VLAN assignemnt supported for those new 802.11ax access points?

Hm, can you show Netgear (I'm not...) the exact use and config example e.g. from Cisco SMB, Cisco business class, Ubiquity, ... please?

I understand the complex games we do (in my other life) form large scale wired 802.1x deployments of course (capture all, detect guests, capture long time not updated corporate clients, ...) dynamically changing VLANs (resp. SSIDs on a WLAN) depending on the client status. hat would be a classification done and controlled by the RADIUS, but on wireless that would be done by redirecting to a different SSID which is mapped to a VLAN, isn't it - and not by putting a specific client on the same SSID to a different VLAN?  In SMB environments (that's where Netgear and Insight is focusing to) this is very uncommon, you commonly deploy dedicated SSIDs and don't capture "outdated" client systems for a secure update and re-validation.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements