× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WifiPlanner not working after firmware upgrade to 6.5.5.18 on WC7500

beezer
Apprentice

WifiPlanner not working after firmware upgrade to 6.5.5.18 on WC7500

Getting "...might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address." when trying to get to layout planning function. Is there some way to make this work, or is this just something that won't work until the next upgrade?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
beezer
Apprentice

Ok, I reinstalled Chrome, and when it asked me to ignore the invalid cert for the *VALIDATION PAGE* I said yes. That seems to be the trick. If you don't actually go all the way to the validation page before you say "YES" to the question of whether you validated the certificate, then it replies "The webpage at https://... might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address." 

You have to go through this every time you clear the cache.

Now my complaint is that it is total nonsense to let someone do absolutely anything to the controller over a non-secure connection, but then make them go through this rigamarole to see the radio plan -- still over a non-secure connection. Oh, and, of course, the absolute lack of helpfulness of the above message, as opposed to "You must show the verification page before you can see this page."

Between the unhelpful help pages (example, for Add Certificates: "This page lets you to add certificates to WC7500."), counter-intuitive messages, disorganized and (this is the only word that comes to mind) pointless procedures, it looks like Netgear just doesn't care.

But... solved.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@beezer,

You may try to use a different browser just to isolate and check if that will work. You may also clear your cache before logging in back to the admin page of the controller.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
beezer
Apprentice

Of course I tried cleaning cache (even wiping it out with CCleaner). The only one that lets me *try* is Chrome. Edge says "Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate." and Firefox says "Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue" with "Go Back (recommended)" as the only option.

Anyone gotten this to work?

Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @beezer,

It's working for me on WC7500 with firmware 6.5.5.18, using Chrome Version 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Firefox version 70.0.1 (64 bit).

When navigating to the plans tab there is a new layout where you must first verifiy a certificate and run flash before the Plannig utility loads. It sounds like you are not seeing the Certificate Verification portion on the Plan tab.

Can you try using browser in private/incognito mode to see if you can get the certificate verification page to load?

I'm using the default security settings in my broswer, looking at the error browser messges in your last post, it's possible it is a browser security setting issue that is blocking the Certification Verification page from loading.

Regards

DavidGo

Message 4 of 5
beezer
Apprentice

Ok, I reinstalled Chrome, and when it asked me to ignore the invalid cert for the *VALIDATION PAGE* I said yes. That seems to be the trick. If you don't actually go all the way to the validation page before you say "YES" to the question of whether you validated the certificate, then it replies "The webpage at https://... might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address." 

You have to go through this every time you clear the cache.

Now my complaint is that it is total nonsense to let someone do absolutely anything to the controller over a non-secure connection, but then make them go through this rigamarole to see the radio plan -- still over a non-secure connection. Oh, and, of course, the absolute lack of helpfulness of the above message, as opposed to "You must show the verification page before you can see this page."

Between the unhelpful help pages (example, for Add Certificates: "This page lets you to add certificates to WC7500."), counter-intuitive messages, disorganized and (this is the only word that comes to mind) pointless procedures, it looks like Netgear just doesn't care.

But... solved.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements