× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Wndap360 wont factory reset

nueon
Follower

Wndap360 wont factory reset

i have a couple of Wndap360 boxes that have been part of a controller network (wc7520) we have tried to factory reset one of the boxes but all it does now is the power light flashes orange, the update light is lit and so is the ethernet light. but both 2.4 and 5.0 lights are out. we cannot ping the default IP?

Any ideas

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Wndap360 wont factory reset

Hello nueon,

Welcome to the community!

I understand that you are having some issues with your access point(s). Based on your description, it appears that the Access Points might have been bricked (due to failed fimware update / interruption of update). My suggestion is to contact support, I have seen something similar to your case and it has been recovered. In case the APs will not be recovered from its state, it should be covered by the lifetime hardware warranty. 

We'll look forward to your contact. 

Thanks, 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Wndap360 wont factory reset

Hello nueon,

Welcome to the community!

I understand that you are having some issues with your access point(s). Based on your description, it appears that the Access Points might have been bricked (due to failed fimware update / interruption of update). My suggestion is to contact support, I have seen something similar to your case and it has been recovered. In case the APs will not be recovered from its state, it should be covered by the lifetime hardware warranty. 

We'll look forward to your contact. 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements