× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

add newer AC or N WAP to existing wireless network ?

e_John
Aspirant

add newer AC or N WAP to existing wireless network ?

I have an existing network, with (3) Netgear WAPs (N-class), WN802T.  I have some spotty coverage, and was thinking about adding two more, but perhaps a different Netgear model.  I want to use the same SSID for roaming.  Is there any difficulty mixing and matching models of Wireless AP?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: add newer AC or N WAP to existing wireless network ?

Hi e_John,

Are your WN80T access points a version1 or version2?

Let me share the article below.  I would assume that most of the questions you might think of between the 802.11ac and 802.11n standards are found in it.  It would also introduce you to the WAC720 and WAC730 access points.

ProSAFE WAC720 and WAC730 and everything 802.11ac Frequently Asked Questions

Let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi e_John,

Are your WN80T access points a version1 or version2?

Let me share the article below.  I would assume that most of the questions you might think of between the 802.11ac and 802.11n standards are found in it.  It would also introduce you to the WAC720 and WAC730 access points.

ProSAFE WAC720 and WAC730 and everything 802.11ac Frequently Asked Questions

Let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi e_John,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information I’ve provided has helped resolve your concern or if you need further assistance.  If ever your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements