× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

[alert] clusterd[1447] Verifiying Cluster Matching Behaviour between

prstoessel125
Aspirant

[alert] clusterd[1447] Verifiying Cluster Matching Behaviour between

Hello. I have ten WAC720s, all in ensemble mode, for a school. They are all on one floor, with one in each classroom (8 rooms) and two in the library. The number of Chromebooks they are using at a single time is no more than 30. 

In general, things appear to be working okay. However, this morning I was troubleshooting a connectivity issue when I saw this message in the error log:

[alert] clusterd[1447] Verifiying Cluster Matching Behaviour between [192.168.0.17] & [192.168.0.18] APs.

For the sake of brevity, I only included one line above, but there were several more lines, all within a time frame of about 20 minutes. The device that is the master, 192.168.0.17, is located in the library where we were experiencing connectivity issues. All of the subsequent error lines indicated that 192.168.0.17 (master unit) was having this problem with all of the other units in the ensemble.

Please advise what this error might indicate and potential resolution steps.

Kind regards,

Paul Stoessel

Model: WAC720|2x2 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Re: [alert] clusterd[1447] Verifiying Cluster Matching Behaviour between

Hi Paul

Welcome to the Netgear Commununity. I guess your WAC720s are running with littler older firmware version. Can you confirm are you running with latest version?  If not you can download from here https://kb.netgear.com/000038830/WAC720-WAC730-Firmware-Version-3-7-11-0

Please let me know

Thanks

Raghu

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Paul

Welcome to the Netgear Commununity. I guess your WAC720s are running with littler older firmware version. Can you confirm are you running with latest version?  If not you can download from here https://kb.netgear.com/000038830/WAC720-WAC730-Firmware-Version-3-7-11-0

Please let me know

Thanks

Raghu

Message 2 of 3
prstoessel125
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply. It turns out that the entire ensemble needed a firmware update. They are all running on 3.7.11.0 now.
School is in session and I have been able to track cleint traffic and no complaints on connectivity. The log message has not reappeared. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements