× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

cannot acces web console admin after reset

Mash123
Aspirant

cannot acces web console admin after reset

Hi,

I had a number of wag102 access around my work which I didnt have passwords to. I did a factory reset successfully. The default password is 'password' and i can successfully connect to it via wifi. My problem is I want to change the password and I cannot connect to the admin console on the default IP found under the AP:192.168.0.232 (cannot ping it either). The AP is connected to my laptop with network cable. Please assist, what am I doing wrong, how do I access the admin console. Thanx

Model: WAG102|ProSafe Dual Band Access Point
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: cannot acces web console admin after reset

Hi Mash123,

Welcome to the community!

It seems that you are going to start from the scratch here. Once you connect the AP to your PC, you may need to set a static IP on your PC within the range of the AP.

Please set your PC to static IP: 192.168.0.200, 255.255.0.0, then try to ping the AP and check if it will respond.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Mash123,

Welcome to the community!

It seems that you are going to start from the scratch here. Once you connect the AP to your PC, you may need to set a static IP on your PC within the range of the AP.

Please set your PC to static IP: 192.168.0.200, 255.255.0.0, then try to ping the AP and check if it will respond.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Mash123,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if you still need further assistance and just in case that the reply would be the answer to your issue. I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
Mash123
Aspirant

The solution worked perfectly thank you 🙂
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation