× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

connecting 3 WAC720 using wc7500

azizrj
Aspirant

connecting 3 WAC720 using wc7500

I have (new setup and new netgear family)   three VLANs 10,20 and 30 configured on M4100 switch and I have  wc7500 in play and all behind a sonic wall.

The three SSIDs wouldn't not  work if the three APs are on. WIfi works great with only one AP is active. each vlan gets it iP (DHCP) from the firewall.

each AP is assigned to different group.

Thanks in advance for your feedback

Model: WAC720|2x2 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: connecting 3 WAC720 using wc7500

@azizrj,

Thanks for the update.  I'm glad to know that the APs are working fine. 🙂 

Since the APs are working fine and you have no further concerns, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi azizrj,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Are the 3 WAC720 directly connected to the M4100 switch or to the WC7500?

b. If ever the 3 WAC720 are connected directly to the M4100 switch, are the ports where the 3 WAC720 set as tagged ports with a PVID of 1?  

c. What is the current firmware of the WC7500 and the M4100 switch?

Kindly read the High-Level Deployment Scenarios from pages 44-51 of the WC7500 user manual here as a guide.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
azizrj
Aspirant

Thank you for replying:

I have three APs on M4100 (PoE)

on M4100
I untagged native vlan 1
I have:
port 3 on M4100 untagged and plugged to WC7400 port1
port 12 to Sonicwall (x4) tagged

port 5 for vlan 10 tagged vlan membership port 3 (U) port 5 (T) and port 12 (T)

port 6 for vlan 20 tagged vlan membership port 3 (U) port 5 (T) port 6 (T) and port 12 (T)

port 7 for vlan 30 tagged vlan membership port 3 (U) port 5 (T) port 6 (T) port 7 (T) and port 12 (T)

firmware on WC7500 it is maybe one level down. so it goes for the APs. I am running the office on one AP that is running for now
I'll be going in and check the firmware

Message 3 of 7
Prashanth_MP
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Azizrj,

I would like to help you in setting up your APs. Please do give us some more information.

1. Are VLAN10, VLAN20 and VLAN30 are the VLANs used for 3 SSID's? or management VLANs?

2. If you are using these VLANs only for SSID's , then take the vlan confguration of the port where you have the working AP connected and config same on the ports where two other APS are connected..

If my understanding on your expectation is correct then following vlan configuration on the switch ports where devices are connected should work

Controller---- VLAN 1(UT)

firewall(DHCP server)--All VLANs tagged(10T,20T,30T)

AP1---vlan1(UT), vlan10(T), vlan20(T),vlan30(T)

AP2---vlan1(UT), vlan10(T), vlan20(T),vlan30(T)

AP3---vlan1(UT), vlan10(T), vlan20(T),vlan30(T)

Message 4 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@azizrj,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Kindly answer the questions of @Prashanth_MP.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 7
azizrj
Aspirant

Hi,

sorry for late reply, I was out of order for awhile.

It seams to be working fine. I had two APs very colse to each other like 10 feet. I disconnected one. It seams to be working fine so far. I'll need to move one of them about maybe 30 to 50 feets away from the other one. I have two working fine. I am still learing netgear where I like very much.

Thanks, Aziz

Message 6 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@azizrj,

Thanks for the update.  I'm glad to know that the APs are working fine. 🙂 

Since the APs are working fine and you have no further concerns, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements