× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WAC720 firmware update to 3.9 solve all the problem, thx...

c0wkim0n
Aspirant

iphone connect to WAC720 captive portal ON & web re-direct to my website, twitter/FB will auto load

Hi everybody, I need urgent help on this matter, I bought the Netegear WAC720 AP router cause I need captive portal and web re-direction, and so I got it last week, configure it to enable captive portal, that is all ok, then also set to re-direct website to my company website as the first page to load.., these all working EXCEPT on iphone it begavor differently...

Once connected, on a regular desktop PC or laptops, or on android, the landing page will show up, we put in our name and click connect, and it will re-direct our device to open the website we want them to go... all good

But on iphone, after landing page show up, and we enter the name and click connect, first our website will show up, but very quickly the twitter website or facebook website will auto-launch and cover the company websitge that we want everyone to first see... and the wrid thing is that when the twitter or facebook page auto loand up, it is all blank nothing.... and I can still go visit other website if I wish...

My problem is that I need the first website of our company to show and stay, how can I disable this auto facebook or twitter page load up? can anyone help? does anyone have this problem?

my netgear wac720 is brand new router with firmware update to 3.7.10.0

Model: WAC720|2x2 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: iphone connect to WAC720 captive portal ON & web re-direct to my website, twitter/FB will au

Welcome to the Netgear Communiity!

@c0wkim0n wrote:

Don't know if it's of any help - current firmware for the WAC720/WAC730 is 3.9.0.3 as per the Netgear Support WAC720 Downloads

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Re: iphone connect to WAC720 captive portal ON & web re-direct to my website, twitter/FB will au

Welcome to the Netgear Communiity!

@c0wkim0n wrote:

Don't know if it's of any help - current firmware for the WAC720/WAC730 is 3.9.0.3 as per the Netgear Support WAC720 Downloads

Message 2 of 5
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @c0wkim0n

I sent you PM last night asking you to upgrade to latest firmware and check? Could you please share your feedback on the latest firmware?

If you are still seeing the issue then please share the your AP configuration and send me via PM? We may need detailed logs from Monitoring page too.

Did you checked behaviour by opening a web browser instead of auto pop up?

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 3 of 5
c0wkim0n
Aspirant

WAC720 firmware update to 3.9 solve all the problem, thx...

Hi ALL, our problem solved after upgrade to latest firmware 3.9 as per your suggestion, many thx..

Model: WAC720|2x2 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: WAC720 firmware update to 3.9 solve all the problem, thx...

Plese kindly mark the relevant post as a solution.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements