× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

multi access using prosafe ANT2409 antennas and WNAP320 access points

centrespot
Aspirant

multi access using prosafe ANT2409 antennas and WNAP320 access points

Hi All

I am new to this help forum and was hoping someone can spare a little time guiding me in the right direction.

I have a client that wants CCTV cameras fitted to two outbuildings and have the signals transmitted to the main house, I think I need 3 x ANT2409 antenna kits and 3 x WNAP320 Access Points.

If this is correct, do I set the access points all the same or do I need to set one as the master etc.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: multi access using prosafe ANT2409 antennas and WNAP320 access points

@centrespot,

I apologize for the late response. I inquired your concern to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support about the ANT2409 if it will work to the WNAP320.  I just got a feedback.

As per the higher tier of NETGEAR Support, the ANT2409 was released for an earlier family of ProSAFE Access Points (such as the WG302 & WG102).  But in theory, it should work with the WNAP320 since it supports using an external antenna (option is in Advanced Wireless settings indicated in its reference manual here). Be reminded that you might be required to purchase an antenna cable.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @centrespot,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The compatible external antenna for the WNAP320 is the ANT224D10.  For more information about the ANT224D10, kindly check the links below:

ANT224D10 10 DBI Antenna

ANT224D10 Installation Guide

The two buildings and the main house should have a line-of-sight to each other.  Since you will be using an external antenna, you will need to enable it on the WNAP320.  Kindly read pages 79-81 of the WNAP320 reference manual here on how to enable the external antenna.  

You may refer on the diagram below as reference on how to setup the 3 WNAP320 access points with external antenna:

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
centrespot
Aspirant

Thank you daneA for your reply.

Are you saying that the WNAP320 will not work with the ANT2409 antennas.

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@centrespot,

I apologize for the late response. I inquired your concern to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support about the ANT2409 if it will work to the WNAP320.  I just got a feedback.

As per the higher tier of NETGEAR Support, the ANT2409 was released for an earlier family of ProSAFE Access Points (such as the WG302 & WG102).  But in theory, it should work with the WNAP320 since it supports using an external antenna (option is in Advanced Wireless settings indicated in its reference manual here). Be reminded that you might be required to purchase an antenna cable.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@centrespot,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have further questions.

Otherwise, if ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements