• 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Tutor

wac720 constantly reboots

Hello all,

I have a wac720 that constantly reboots for seemingly no reason.. it's connect to a WC7600 controller.. any thoughts?

wac720.png

Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: wac720 constantly reboots

Hi just_luc,

Please make sure that the firmware of the wireless controller and AP is up to date. May I know if this is powered via POE? If yes, May you be able to try different POE port of the switch just to isolate?

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @just_luc

We need the following information:

1. What is the current FW running in controller?
  2. From which FW version they upgraded the controller?
  3. This issue started from the time they have upgraded or it started recently ?
  4. Please share Controller logs and AP logs of affected model. You can use google drive to upload log files.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Tutor

The controller is running the latest firmware (6.5.5.0) and has been upgraded incrementally at each release.

That said I believe I have isolated the problem as it has not occurred in the past 24 hours.

I had tried different poe ports already to no avail but building on that suggestion above I decided to swap the poe switch with another of the same mode.  still, no better, I then decided to split the WAP's between the two switches and that seems to have done it. I'm using a Netgear GS110TP 8 port poe switch and would expect it to be able to power 8 poe devices but apparently not.. anything more than 4 of the WAC720's connected to one switch causes the ones on the higher ports to constantly reboot.  They only returned to working properly when split 4 /3 between to switches.. 

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Guru

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Tutor

Well that explains that!
Message 6 of 6