× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: wac720 wifi drop outs

NormanP
Aspirant

wac720 wifi drop outs

Hi all,

I'm hoping you can help. I have 2 x wac720 in an ensemble, both using 2.4GHz and 5GHz, both have 2 security profiles on each frequency (so 4 profiles in total on each device). Issue I have is that when using a wifi analyser to investigate intermittent connectivity problems, I can see that one of more of the profiles are frequently dropping, especially the 2.4 which happens every few seconds. Firmware is the latest (3.9.1.0), and thinking it was a hardware related issue with one of the units I have swapped in another 720 but it has made no difference to the profile drops. Total number of clients per device is approx 5 - 10 which are a mixture of iPhones and Android tablets.

Any and all suggestions to resolve appreciated.

Thanks

Model: WAC720|2x2 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @NormanP 

Thanks for sharing the logs. Please see the attached our analysis.

Raghu

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Norman Pinkney , Did you checked your clients might have connected to the another profile of the other AP since you mentioned you ensemble setup. Also please share the detailed logs with mentioning the MAC address of the device to track. Thanks, Raghu
Message 2 of 8
NormanP
Aspirant

Hi Raghu, the wifi analyser I'm using is on an Android pad so it shows all the profiles the ensemble should be broadcasting - I've attached a screen shot that shows the 4 x 2.4GHz and 4 x 5GHz profiles.You can see some noise coming from neighbouring signals at the base of the chart but you can also see where the signals from my WAC720 ensemble are dropping, (orange, 2 x blue & green trace lines). At the same time as these drop, I see the profile name disappear from the wifi connections availble to the Android pad.

The wifi MAC addresses are:

2.4GHz

08:02:8E:3D:59:60 & 9C:3D:CF:B1:4C:00

5GHz

08:02:8E:3D:59:70 & 9C:3D:CF:B1:4C:10

I will attached log files for each of the WAC720 devices in follow on posts as I cannot seem to attach more than one file per post?.

Thanks for your help,

Norman

Message 3 of 8
NormanP
Aspirant

Hi Raghu - when I try to attach the TAR log file from my AP to one of these posts it is rejected. Renaming it to .pdf doesnt help either... how do I share log files?

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
NormanP
Aspirant

I've emailed the logs to the nsbu_logs email address.

Message 5 of 8
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Norman, I sent your PM. Please check and respond. Thanks, Raghu
Message 6 of 8
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @NormanP 

Thanks for sharing the logs. Please see the attached our analysis.

Raghu

Message 7 of 8
NormanP
Aspirant

Thanks for the analysis Raghu, much appreciated. The firmware upgrade identified was a reload of the current version rather than an upgrade. I'll continue to monitor the status. Thanks again, Norman

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements