× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

wc7500 5ghz only 36 channel in use

jellebos
Initiate

wc7500 5ghz only 36 channel in use

Hello,

My name is Jelle and i'm working in education in the Netherlands.

I have a question about the controller wc7500
I have 15 dual-band wifi accesspoints.
All the AP on 2.4ghz are spread automaticly over all available bands. On the 5ghz band all the AP are locked in on the channel 36. What is the reason? The controller is set-up to choose automaticly the best channel

Thank you!

Jelle 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: wc7500 5ghz only 36 channel in use

Hello jellebos, 

Welcome to the community! 

I suggest looking at the Channel allocation Configuration > Wireless > Basic > Channel Allocation and see if the channels are enabled: 

I'd like to know what firmware version is loaded on the controller and if it has been working fine before. 

Thanks,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jellebos, 

Welcome to the community! 

I suggest looking at the Channel allocation Configuration > Wireless > Basic > Channel Allocation and see if the channels are enabled: 

I'd like to know what firmware version is loaded on the controller and if it has been working fine before. 

Thanks,

Message 2 of 5
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jellebos, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 3 of 5
jellebos
Initiate

Thank you,
I load New firmware and Make the changes in the example above. problem solved
Message 4 of 5
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jellebos, 

That's great! Please feel free to open a new topic if you have more questions. 🙂

Thanks,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements