Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 2.4 Ghz network disappeared permanently

deirdreyee
Initiate

2.4 Ghz network disappeared permanently

I purchased this router / modem 2 months ago. W set up the 2.4 Ghz and 5G connections and used both. A few days ago the 2.4 Ghz disappeared from our devices. 5 G still shows up throughout the house but we can't connect to the nighthawk app unless down in the room with the router. The router hasn't moved and nothing has been changed with the set up from the time when everything worked. I've connected to support via chat multiple times. I switched the wireless channels for both networks. Then I was told to wait 2-3 hours. Later the agent had me check the firmware version, then a shock reset.

Still, nothing has worked and the 

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Eitzaley
Aspirant

I reset it and the disappeared network name came back.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies

@deirdreyee wrote:

A few days ago the 2.4 Ghz disappeared from our devices. 5 G still shows up throughout the house but we can't connect to the nighthawk app unless down in the room with the router.

Unfortunately, "can't connect" doesn't tell us much about what you are doing and what happens when you try. Do you get some sport of error message?

What about connecting with things other than the nighthawk app?

Do they see the 2.4 GHz GHz signal?

What does the 2.4 GHz LED look like?

@deirdreyee wrote:

Later the agent had me check the firmware version ...

Not much point in doing that, your firmware is beyond the control of anyone but your ISP.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 5
deirdreyee
Initiate

Thanks for your reply, looks like I left out a lot of key details. I had thought I was posting in the right area, but clearly not. Thanks for the recommendations.

To answer your questions, there is no error. The 2.4 G network stopped showing up all together. In routerlogin.net I can see the 2.4 show up as connected. But it isn’t visible on any devices, phone laptop printer.

Good news though, I connected with another agent via chat and they had me do another shock test. And now everything is showing up again, behaving the way it had. Not sure why it took the second time. Let me know if I can provide more details and thanks for replying!
Message 3 of 5
Eitzaley
Aspirant

I reset it and the disappeared network name came back.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7