Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1750 c6300 no access

michaelst
Aspirant

AC1750 c6300 no access

I have an AC1750 c6300 modem router.  The access Genie app, no longer works.  Going to routerlogin.net or .com redirects me to download and use the Nighthawk app.  I tried downloading the install .exe from the products website, but it doesn't install.  I tried downloading the nighthawk app on my connected tablet, but it says my products (AC1750 C6300) is not compatible.

So, I have no way to log on to my router.  I have no access to any information on that router - such as connected devices, ability to access password, security option - NOTHING!

I've searched the web, but can't find a proper solution.

How can I get access?  The recommended app doesn't work with my model.  Direct connection via routerlogin doesn't work and the Genie app is no longer supported?  This product is less than 5 years old.  I can't imaging NetGear would just abandon it's customers this way!

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 2

Re: AC1750 c6300 no access

@michaelst wrote:

I have an AC1750 c6300 modem router.  The access Genie app, no longer works. 

You refer to the genie. This could be one of several things, the browser interface, a Windows or Mac program for a PC, or a mobile Android/iThing app. Netgear labels them all as genies. Which are you using?

Going to routerlogin.net or .com redirects me to download and use the Nighthawk app. 

How are you doing this? With a wired Ethernet connection from a PC to the router? Wifi?

I do not follow this bit:

Direct connection via routerlogin doesn't work ...

What do you mean by "Direct connection". And what do you mean by "doesn't work"?

A wired Ethernet connection should still work with a browser aimed at routerlogin.net.

How do I log in to my NETGEAR wireless router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

What happens when you try?

You could try troubleshooting that.

I tried downloading the install .exe from the products website, but it doesn't install.  I tried downloading the nighthawk app on my connected tablet, but it says my products (AC1750 C6300) is not compatible.

Netgear is doing its best to frustrate anyone who persists in using the desktop genie. Try getting it from here:

genie | Product | Support | NETGEAR

The old apk file for the mobile app is still out there somewhere in apk heaven, the place where old apps go to die.

APKMirror - Free APK Downloads - Free and safe Android APK downloads

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7