Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Attached new CM700 to my old R7000

nghappy
Aspirant

Attached new CM700 to my old R7000

I replaced my CM500 which had stopped working with a new CM700 today.  I connected my Surface Pro 6 running Windows 10 directly to the CM700 and contacted my ISP (WOW).  I gave the ISP the MAC addr for the CM700 and was able to then open my browser on the internet.  Hungup phone from ISP.  Shut down Surface.  Connected CM700 to R7000 router running the latest firmware.  Connected Surface to R7000 via ethernet.  Booted computer. No internet.  Tried another new ethernet cable between CM700 an R7000.  No internet.  CM700 shows internet; ethernet light solid green.  R7000 ethernet light blinking amber.  Any suggestions?  Do I need to reset the R7000?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
nghappy
Aspirant

Re: Attached new CM700 to my old R7000

Hi Guru,

Thanks for responding. Problem wasn’t the Netgear modem nor the Netgear router. The cable between the router and modem is okay, but the 3’ cable from the router to the computer is the culprit. Once I replaced this cable, everything is working perfectly.

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it very much.

Best regards,
Ralph

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 2 of 4
nghappy
Aspirant

Hi Guru,

Thanks for responding. Problem wasn’t the Netgear modem nor the Netgear router. The cable between the router and modem is okay, but the 3’ cable from the router to the computer is the culprit. Once I replaced this cable, everything is working perfectly.

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it very much.

Best regards,
Ralph

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

CAT6 is recommended. 

Enjoy. 😉

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies