Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Blinking Amber Ethernet port CM700. Insufficient speeds.

Vanetommy2011
Follower

Blinking Amber Ethernet port CM700. Insufficient speeds.

I Own a CM700 Modem and a Nighthawk XC AC4000

I have the Blast Pro! service from comcast goving me speeds up to 150mbps, but i recently took out some access points which were slowing my connection severely and i tried moving the modem and the router to no avail, moving it back to it’s original position. Before i had moved the router and the modem, the ethernet light on the CM700 was a solid green and my routee would get speeds up to 170+mbps. That was with a Cat.5e cable. When tried to move the modem back to the original spot, the ethernet cable was blinking oramge and now even when i reset the modem and the lights are only just turning on, the ethernet’s light is already orange. My connection speeds now are only around 70-90mbps max when they were once 170+mbps. I changed the cable to a cat.6 cable since then and i’ve reset and rebooted both the router and the modem. I have called Netgear and Comcast. Comcast said everything was good on their side. I tried switching the coaxial cable and nothing worked. I’d really like some help. This modem was good for a year and a bit more. I would like advice.
Model: CM700|High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.0
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Blinking Amber Ethernet port CM700. Insufficient speeds.

Try the modem back in the place where you had moved it too in the 1st place? 

Be sure there are no coax line splitters between the ISP service box and the modem. Besure your using good quality RG6 coax cabling. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7