Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C3700v2 can’t login - router number connects to TP-Link website for login

bms794
Follower

C3700v2 can’t login - router number connects to TP-Link website for login

I bought my C3700v2 Netgear router in August 2019 when I moved into a new apartment. My WiFi has been slower than I’ve ever experienced the past 2 days (streaming apps are quitting on me because it’s so slow when I normally don’t even experience buffering), so in the process of troubleshooting some possible issues today, I tried to log in to my router. When I enter the router number that appears on my computer/phone, I’m taken to a TP-Link login website that says “Welcome to TP-Link Wireless Router Archer C900” (not my router) and my password does not work. I tried accessing the router on two different computers, used http://router login.net rather than the router number, and connected to the router via Ethernet cable, but I’m still taken to the TP-Link website and can’t log in. I originally set up my username and password on the Netgear site, so I have no idea what’s happening. Is there a way to fix this issue to access my router?
Message 1 of 3
antinode
Guru

Re: C3700v2 can’t login - router number connects to TP-Link website for login

> I bought my C3700v2 Netgear router in August 2019 when I moved into a
> new apartment. [...]

And connected what on the C3700v2 to what, exactly, how, exactly?

> [...] When I enter the router number that appears on my
> computer/phone, [...]

What, exactly, is that IP address?

Message 2 of 3

Re: C3700v2 can’t login - router number connects to TP-Link website for login

You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

Cable Modems & Routers

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series