Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6230 5GhZ band shows on all devices except new iPhone

perrinroboinson
Follower

C6230 5GhZ band shows on all devices except new iPhone

This regards a Netgear C6230 cable modem router. Firmware version V1.00.20. I broadcast two bands, 2.4 GhZ and 5 GhZ. I have always connected most of my devices (any that are compatible) to 5 GhZ. I recently had to get my iPhone XR replaced (came home with newer version of the same phone). Since replacing, the 5 GhZ band will not show up in my new phone's WiFi. The 2.4 does.

The 5 GhZ still shows up and works great on my other devices (two laptops and a TV). I have restarted both the phone and router multiple times. I spent an hour with apple support running all diagnostics and they determined nothing was wrong with the phone, but perhaps my router hit the max number of devices? I cannot find anything about this so far. I have also reset my phones network settings multiple times.

I am getting very stuck and cannot for the life of me figure out why this is happening or how to fix. Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C6230 5GhZ band shows on all devices except new iPhone

If the old iphone showed the 5Ghz and the new one doesn't, maybe something going on with new phone. Something to ask Apple about. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7