Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6230 AC/1200

blusworld
Aspirant

C6230 AC/1200

I have a C6230 AC/1200wifi cable modem router.  I have had for about a year.  I have to unplug power cord every time to use for it to work properly.

It works fine and then when I come back an hour later to use, it takes forever to load pages.  Reminds me of a telephone line.  When I unplug the power cord and plug back in, it will work fine after it resets.  I am tired of having to unplug all the time to use the web.

Is there a fix for this issue?

blusworld

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: C6230 AC/1200

do you have a screen snip of the cable connections page and event logs? 

Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
If you can, simply connect the modem right where the coax comes into the home. This prevents wiring in the home from being the issue. And some ISP’s charge if the wiring issue is in the home. So this helps prevent this.

Message 2 of 3
blusworld
Aspirant

Re: C6230 AC/1200

My old setup was a modem and a router.  The C6230 as you know has the modem and router as one unit.  When I hooked up the new unit, I found that I had something hooked up on the one Lan slot that I did not need.  I removed the connection, and everything works fine. 

Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7