Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300 LAN Setup Address Reservation bug

perkerk
Aspirant

C6300 LAN Setup Address Reservation bug

Netgear Genie on my C6300 firmware V1.02.19 has a bug in the address reservation logic.

The initial Lan Setup screen shows the reserved devices. In some instance when you press Add (to reserve a new address) you get the status bar saying Updating Settings and then an error message saying something like "server received no data" (like it expected to add an address when nothing was selected).

When this occurs, you can instead select any one of the devices listed (even though it has nothing to do with the new device to be added) and press Add, and the subsequent screen presents you with a list of all known devices and you can successfully add a device from this screen.

Another probably related bug is that it tries to update settings without anything to do (probably because nothing was selected from the initial list).

Finally figured out I could select any one of the devices on the initial screen to get past this, but not after an aggravating and useless phone call to your support line.

Message 1 of 7
perkerk
Aspirant

Re: C6300 LAN Setup Address Reservation bug

Well, stymied again. Was able to get to the 2nd screen a few times, but no more, whether a device is selected on the initial page or not.

Message 2 of 7
JustinDay
Initiate

I get the same error after adding 4 reservations and can't get around this even if I jump on one foot while rubbing my stomach and patting my head...  I am supprised there is no firmware update that addresses this yet. Currently running Firmware V1.02.21 and don't see any options to even download a firmware version from the support page.

I am seriously looking at selling this device and buying a non Netgear cable modem/router combo.

Message 3 of 7
SeaDude
Aspirant

Same problem here: Although i'm unable to reserve a single IP. 

I am unable to reserve an IP address using "LAN Setup" then the "Add" button under "Address Reservation". When I click "Add", I get a progress bar at the top that says "Updating Settings", then when that finishes I get the "Chrome Sad Face" with an error that says "The server closed the connection without sending any data" and I'm unable to do anything else. 

What is causing this? 

I'm using Chrome and C6300 firmeware v1.02.21 if that helps. 

Message 4 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello everyone 

SeaDude figured the issue out and posted it in another thread. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/C6300-IP-Address-Reservation-Not-Working/m-p/9...

DarrenM

Message 5 of 7
SeaDude
Aspirant

Playing with things a bit more....

Im running a repeater bridge off of my C6300. I had to unplug it while I reserved IP's as well. Not sure if it matters to others, but may be of use. 

Cheers.

Message 6 of 7
Diver4242
Aspirant

My guest network is off and I stil have this problem. Firmware V1.02.21 and I can't reserve any addresses, the table is empty and I get the same thing here, just a page not found. Tried it on IE and Firefox on Windows 7. Very frustrated, I need to reserve addresses for two wireless printers.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7