Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300v2 dropping internet connection

fifgirl09
Tutor

C6300v2 dropping internet connection

I have the same issue with my internet dropping at least twice a day and I have to reboot my modem/router in order to get it to reconnect to the internet. Everytime I go to reset the router all lights are solid green indicating that there is an internet connection, but all of my devices lose connection. This has been happening ever since I purchased the modem/router.

I contacted my ISP and they said they are showing no issues on their end, that it must be the modem/router. They also said that I should not have to reboot my modem/router so many times. 

I contacted Netgear and they were no help. They said that I'm outside the 90 day complimentary phone tech support and that if I wanted help I would have to pay for a subsciption. Considering that I am still within the 1 year product warranty and that I already paid quite a bit for the modem/router, I thought that was completely ridiculous. 

To me it seams like the product is of poor quality considering all the posts I've been reading from people that have been having the same issue with internet constantly dropping, and very little solutions offered to remedy the problem. I don't need a product replacement, I need a product refund. I highly regret my purchase!

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C6300v2 dropping internet connection

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7