Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C7000 Iphone causing DOS attacks and drops

damianinpa
Guide

C7000 Iphone causing DOS attacks and drops

My C7000 router is causing network attached devices to intermittantly drop connection for about 30 seconds before restoring.  Whenever this occurs, I check the router log and see one common thread.  An Iphone in my house is showing DOS attacks, Ping of death, teardrop or derivative.  Also, the IP associated with the phone appears to be a WAN IP and not a local IP received from the router.  I've seen some threads about this, but, no posted fix.  Is this an IPV6 issue???  I see someone stated the modem is not interpreting the address correctly for IPv6 from the phone (malformed packet), but, doesn't say how to correct.  I don't think I can turn off IPV6 from either the phone or the modem..is that correct?  Can I prevent the model from giving out any IPV6 addresses?  There are only a few options under advanced setup / IPV6 and none are to disable.  Truthfully, I don't even know if that is the issue.  All I can say is 1 iphone in my house appears to be causing issues with the modem/network and I'm looking for a fix.  Very frustrated with this problem!

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Damianipa

It could be a app that installed on that iphone causing all the attacks did you install anything recently on the phone?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
damianinpa
Guide

I don't think an app is the cause.  There are several threads about this on ths forum.  Is anyone from Netgear monitoring these forums?  This is a problem, but, not fix has been provided.  One person said, the cause is malformed packet from IPV6 address being sent from the apple iphone.  If that is the case, is there a way to turn off IPV6 on this router?  I hope more people chime in who have this issue also. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7