Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000v2 – Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi --- Upstream LED remains yellow/orange

Baldy95307
Aspirant

C7000v2 – Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi --- Upstream LED remains yellow/orange

New modem/router on Spectrum's system which seemed to work fine for the first 2 or 3 weeks but now I'm wondering if there is a problem. The Upstream LED on the front panel of the device is orange/yellow instead of the expected green. I can reboot the device but inevitably within a day or two it will return to its different color. It is not blinking.

The device's internal HTML support (192.168.0.1) doesn't show any malfunction that I'm aware of. It shows Cable connection as GOOD and the Advanced tab seems to indicate all normal functions.

One thing that bothers me but I'm not enough of any kind of expert to know if this is normal is the amount of uncorrectable on the bonded downstream channels.

What's going on?

Message 1 of 5
microchip8
Master

Re: C7000v2 – Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi --- Upstream LED remains yellow/orange

Do you actually have a problem?
Message 2 of 5
Baldy95307
Aspirant

In performance, nothing noted. Up and down work just fine. With Spectrum its generally around 400 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up. But my questions were pertaining to the different color of the upstream LED on the front of the device and if the amount of uncorrectables on the downstream locked channels was normal.

Perhaps you are thinking the same as me....if ain't broke, don't fix it.

Message 3 of 5

@Baldy95307 wrote:

Perhaps you are thinking the same as me....if ain't broke, don't fix it.

And if you do want to fix things with the C7000v2 , try the right place.

Cable Modems & Routers

That's where cable modem users and experts hang out.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page.

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute then back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...
https://kb.netgear.com/24311/Power-level-guidelines-for-a-NETGEAR-cable-modem-router?article=24311
https://www.duckware.com/tech/solving-intermittent-cable-modem-issues.html

@Baldy95307 wrote:

New modem/router on Spectrum's system which seemed to work fine for the first 2 or 3 weeks but now I'm wondering if there is a problem. The Upstream LED on the front panel of the device is orange/yellow instead of the expected green. I can reboot the device but inevitably within a day or two it will return to its different color. It is not blinking.

The device's internal HTML support (192.168.0.1) doesn't show any malfunction that I'm aware of. It shows Cable connection as GOOD and the Advanced tab seems to indicate all normal functions.

One thing that bothers me but I'm not enough of any kind of expert to know if this is normal is the amount of uncorrectable on the bonded downstream channels.

What's going on?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7