Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000v2 not registered with xfinity

Jwhite250
Follower

C7000v2 not registered with xfinity

I bought a the nighthawk ac1900 cable modem router today and tried to set it up with Xfinity. When I have them the Mac and serial number they said the modem did not bring up and model information within their system at all. And when I tried to contact net gear with the free 90 day support they offer it said that my support “expired on 11-5-19”, a date in the future. So a couple questions, do I just need to exchange this modem out for a different one? Or should I try to get in contact with Netgear? And how do I get in contact with Netgear otherwise?

Very frustrating!
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C7000v2 not registered with xfinity

Can try support again, or I would just return the unit and get another if the ISP can't seem to get the modem associated on there network. 

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

Good Luck. 

@Jwhite250 wrote:
I bought a the nighthawk ac1900 cable modem router today and tried to set it up with Xfinity. When I have them the Mac and serial number they said the modem did not bring up and model information within their system at all. And when I tried to contact net gear with the free 90 day support they offer it said that my support “expired on 11-5-19”, a date in the future. So a couple questions, do I just need to exchange this modem out for a different one? Or should I try to get in contact with Netgear? And how do I get in contact with Netgear otherwise?

Very frustrating!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7